- Contract, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 22 Apr 18
Business Analyst (Contract)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Working across asset classes Equities (the main focus of BCS), FX, Rates, Credit and Commodities (both structured and flow). The purpose of the role is to provide Business Analysis and Project Management to the Financial Markets Technology group, focusing on Front to Back architecture and processes for Equities Products.
The job purpose consists in:
- Building strong, effective relationships with both the business and technology teams, across global offices.
- Collaborating with front and back office stakeholders to gather requirements, solve business problems by proposing relevant, innovative solutions.
- Working with development and other BAs to deliver technology deliverables applying agile development methodologies.
- Delivering functional consistency across the various sub-deliveries by influencing technology architecture and design decisions.
- Translating and documenting business requirements.
- Understand requirements and translate into quality technology solution
- Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders
- Ensure requirements are delivered across all systems involved
- Take ownership of technology deliveries from high level requirement through development, testing and deployment
- Translate solutions into detailed, unambiguous, business and functional requirements
- Provide on-going support to the technology teams as required e.g. authoring / reviewing test cases, closing out open issues / questions, managing change request process etc.
- Identify risks and issues early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Work closely with business sponsors, project and programme managers to ensure all stakeholders are fully engaged and expectations managed
- Delivery focused, committing to specific tasks and ensuring these and the overall projects deadlines are met
- Stakeholder feedback (Business and IT)
- Delivery of individual tasks and overall projects on time and of a high quality
- Quality of documentation
- Ensuring projects pass internal audits and reviews
- Post project implementation reviews and alignment of project deliverable to measurable exit criteria
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience and understanding of front to back processes including STP, booking models, Corp. Actions
- Ability to manage owns streams and working groups
- Experience in FO and BO systems
- Ability and experience to take ownership of business requirements and manage them through to delivery.
- Derivatives knowledge across asset classes (at least one in-depth) encompassing pricing, risk analytics and trade life cycle
- Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation
- SDLC or Agile methodology experience
- Ability to work proactively, independently and display strong initiative
- Proven ability to work across business streams, exposure to front to back system implementations
- Technical background would be beneficial, understanding of (ideally functional) programming a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken)
- Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics. Multicultural awareness.