- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 17 Nov 17
Business Analyst (12 months Direct Contract)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Business critical Business Analyst role delivering and supporting Client Intel Dashboards and Reports along with other Business critical projects for RMs and Sales.
1. Client Intelligence - Sourcing data from various systems to generate intelligence about clients that can be used to further deepen the relationships.
2. WorkBench Platform upgrade - Improve the stability and performance of the existing system by upgrading much of the framework to a better technology standard. This will include process improvements and simplification of existing functions.
3. Extending the digital relationship externally - Allowing our clients to access key client activities, such as account opening, via a secure extranet facility (a Client Portal).
4. Integration - Enhance the bank's processes, by working with internal system and application owners, and integrating their functionalities with WorkBench).
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Engaging Business Stakeholders, collating and writing Business Requirements.
- Working with Technology partners to review Functional Solutions documentation.
- Collaborating with technology (e.g. framework, application) to design the architecture for how WorkBench will use and present all available bank-wide data, and to incorporate external data sources.
- Documenting future business processes.
- Participating in UAT cycles, including preparing and executing test cases and resolving issues with technology.
- Delivering end user training.
- Meeting with external vendors to explore opportunities to increase or improve our data analysis, reporting and data visualisation capabilities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experienced in eliciting requirements using interviews, workshops, and document / business / task / workflow analysis, preferably with full life-cycle IT development experience.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities, detail orientated and proficient with highly structured approaches aligned with project / change management best practices.
- Experience with Agile methodology and working in sprints as a Product Owner
- Experience in working with technology partners, in translating business requirements into functional specifications and development documents.
- High level understanding of application integration with Hadoop/data lakes, will be helpful.
- Some hands on experience in data analysis (e.g. data modelling) is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with an ability to interact with cross-functional stakeholder representatives.
- A proven track record of effectiveness working within small teams.
- Corporate banking domain experience would be highly advantageous.
- Degree or diploma qualified, ideally in a Business or Technology discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years as a Business Analyst, preferably with 3 years in technology and/or process improvement projects.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 15/12/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.