- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 08 Feb 18
Business Analyst (12 Months Contract)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a Business Analyst with strong data skills, you will be tasked with managing all aspects any new work/project assessments thoroughly from inception to delivery. You will need to build close working relationships with senior stakeholder in order to gather specific requirements and define and scope the work. In addition as Business Analyst you will also work closely with internal staff, clients and 3rd parties.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assess and communicate the impact of proposed business, operational and technical change, including recommendations to minimise disruption caused by change.
- Identification, prioritisation, validation and documentation of clear, tangible functional and non-functional business and system requirements.
- Identify and drive process improvements across the organisation.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Become an advocate of, and actively promote change management practices and principles.
- Contribute to an evolving, dynamic change management team operations within an environment of continuous improvement.
- Participate in peer reviews of colleagues and business analysis deliverables.
- Utilise best practice tools and techniques to support accurate communication and clear understanding of project information and data, ensuring that all documentation is appropriate and fit for purpose.
- Planning and management of own activities and agreement of approach to analysis with Change Management Lead Business Analyst and the relevant Project Manager.
- To analyse existing data systems and identify improvements
- You will need to develop a standard set of analytic tools to enable the client teams to provide data analytics
- To develop the business analytical and performance management techniques to improve the service provided and client performance this
- Provide data readiness reviews before implementation and manage any issues which may arise from this
- Delivery focused - Able and willing to support the project to get the job done
Qualifications and Skills
- Documentation - Requirements/Use Cases/Business Rules/User Stories, Etc.
- Report Types - Gap Analysis/Problem Analysis/Initial Assessments, Etc.
- Process/Data Modelling - 'As Is'/'To Be'/ Visio/Enterprise Architect/System Architect, Etc.
- Strong query language skills (SQL , Hive , ETL )
- Good experience with Business Intelligence tools and Decision Support Systems
- Strong data analysis skills using Hive , Spark , R , Microstrategy and Tableau.
- Proven experience in working with key stakeholders within the business
- Proven problem solving skills
- Workshop Facilitation
- Stakeholder Management / Analysis
- Presentation Skills - Rich Pictures/Tables, Etc.
- Soft Skills - Communication/Negotiation/Relationship Building/Influencing