Business Analyst - Technology Solutions - Corporate (Credit Origination and Processing)
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- To be able to effectively and efficiently engage business to capture/discuss requirement
- To be able to elicit requirements from business to ensure completeness and no ambiguity
- Ensure harmony and compatibility of proposed solution with existing systems
- Play a consultant role to business to come out with multiple options for solutions and initiatives
- Coordinate internal/business review and get business signoff for the project cost, plan and various specifications.
- Be the bridge between Business and System Delivery team during all phases of SDLC
- Have access to market intelligence and is aware of regulatory requirements and trends of Cash Management and Payment Services
- Be the bridge between Business and System Delivery team during solution and all phases of SDLC and/or Agile/SCRUM sprints/delivery.
- To engage and assist business managers and end users to articulate requirements
- Elicit requirements, prioritise and analyse requests, design business processes, workflows and user interfaces, review of functional specifications and data mapping templates
- Work with System Delivery and Project Office as well as other internal IT departments, IS and vendor to arrive at optimal solutions for the Business with compliances to Bank's standards, policies and guidelines
- Able to translate technical designs and jargons into terms that business can understand and associate
- Prepare / review test scenarios and test cases, support test utility team for SIT, support user for UAT and other related activities to ensure business needs are met
- Ensure gaps in deliverables are identified early and addressed effectively
- Ensure Business stakeholders' expectations are met
- Provide thought leadership within own area of responsibility and BA profession within the bank
- Provide SME support to extended IT teams such as EDW by articulating requirements
- Provide support to architecture committee and project teams to ensure that target operating models are progressing in line with the preferred strategic architecture / chosen architectures
LI-MLIU Qualifications Requirement:
- At least 5 years of relevant business analysis experience in financial services environment, preferably in area of corporate credit processing, loans origination, approval, acceptance, disbursement and limits/facility management.
- Possess end to end business knowledge of corporate credit processing all the way from credit proposition initiation via loan origination system to facility, collateral implementation and consolidated limits management.
- Credit processing here can refer to both loans that are tailored to SME and larger/complex corporations.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assimilate information quickly and gain consensus from multiple stakeholders when required
- Good oral and written communication skills, including documentation and presentation skills
- Comfortable communicating across business divisions and levels of seniority
- Strong team player with the ability to take ownership and deliver independently
- Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines and/or multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills required to liaise with other subject matter experts to problem solving issues or generating ideas
- Experience and ability to work in a culturally diverse and geographically distributed team
- Experience in negotiation and conflict resolution
- Possess initiative, drive and excellent attention to detail
- Good cross product knowledge
- Understanding of technology and development lifecycle - experience in both SDLC & Agile/SCRUM delivery
- Experience in tools such as Visio, Powerpoint, Excel, SQL
- Familiar with object-oriented architectural concepts
- Familiar with JAVA and Oracle