Experience and in-depth understanding of a payment product management/business analyst role in a financial institution, eCommerce or online environment.
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviors - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realize their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization. This, in turn, helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The role of the Senior Business Analyst is to:
- Work closely with the Product managers, Business Solution Managers, and Development team to support the analysis and solutioning of various Payment initiatives.
- Work closely with Product managers, BSMs, Development team, and other BAs in the team to ensure standardization for Payments platform across countries
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Train and mentor the newer/junior team members to come up with the curve by having training documents in place and conducting knowledge sharing sessions.
- Monitor the progress of team members and provide continuous feedback for them to be able to progress and grow.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the Online Applications, Solutions & Services for the remote channels globally.
- Responsible for product development and requirement specifications for the Internet Banking applications including understanding of business requirements, defining business and functional requirements and working with the business and development teams to support seamless project delivery.
- Engage with the country business to understand relevant trends and opportunities for the Online proposition to better serve customers. Plan a roadmap of enhancements and initiatives that would deliver a stronger online proposition and work with the Segment Product Manager to identify suitable processes for funding, development, and prioritization.
- Maximize technology investment for online product development; ensuring criteria for project ranking and prioritization are clearly communicated to the business.
- Work closely with the Program & Remote Project Management Teams for supporting the achievement of key milestones, deliverables and tracking to ensure the success of the overall project delivery.
- Communicate effectively with System Development/Technology teams and external suppliers to establish appropriate solutions to meet business requirements.
- Support testing team as required ensuring product quality.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience and in-depth understanding in a Payments product management/business analyst role in a financial institution, eCommerce or online environment.
- Experience and good knowledge of Payment products like Crossborder TT, RTGS, ACH & FAST payments
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assess multiple systems for troubleshooting. Good problem solver and decision-maker.
- Ability to write well and experienced at writing various business documents (i.e. business requirements document, functional specifications, presentations, and reports).
- Excellent communication skills, confidence and ability to work with an international team in a cross-cultural and geographically dispersed workplace. Should possess qualities that would be useful in multiple stakeholder management.
- Motivated, able to work independently, proactively and efficiently in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Excited and passionate about Banking Business. Technical Skills (Must)
- Working experience and in-depth knowledge on payment message types listed below
- Swift MT Format
- Experience and in-depth hands on in SQL queries, Oracle,DB2.
- Required Knowledge on DQ & Metadata tools like Informatica
- Hands-on experience & Knowledge on the following applications
- Elastic search
- Tableau & MicroStrategy
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.