Business Analyst - IBD - Txb Payments Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. We change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas and solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Our engineering teams build scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategist groups, is at the critical center of our business. Our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. WHAT WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Transaction Banking (TxB) brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. We make direct investments in and manage risk for a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. We help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital. TRANSACTION BANKING
Transaction Banking, a business unit within CCBD, aims to provide comprehensive cash management solutions for corporations. TxB combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide the best client experience. Through the use of modern technologies centered on data and analytics, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to improve cash flow management efficiency.
Payments lay at the heart of what we are doing in TxB and our mission is to build a market leading payment platform that meets our corporate client's needs. We are starting with a clean slate and one singular goal in mind: Build a highly scalable, resilient payment platform that our corporate clients can run rely on to run and grow their businesses. THE ROLE
As a Business Analyst you will be expected to liaise with our business, operations, clients and engineering teams and define our product backlog. You'll be required to contribute to the vision for our new payment platform, closely collaborate with our engineering team driving the implementation and delivery of new features to our clients. A strong understanding of the Asia payment landscape is a must and you'll be expected to define functional requirements, be involved in our User Acceptance Testing as well as interface with vendors & clients to ensure adoption of new features. You will work closely our line Payment Operations line team and product to understanding challenges and constantly drive efficiencies through automation. You'll be responsible for defining and monitoring of KPIs, as well as periodically report the senior leadership on the competitive landscape. Working closely with clients to improve our service is critical as we attract and grow our client franchise. We are looking for someone with lots of energy, entrepreneurial spirit and has a passion to deliver high quality products to a diverse set of corporate clients. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR Basic qualifications
- Driving strategic initiatives while providing leverage to the leadership team
- Collaborate with global cross functional team in building customer-centric products
- Creating metrics and reports to track the health of the subdivisions and the progress of key initiatives
- Executing against the communication plans, effectively cascading of key messages and creating appropriate touch points.
- Interfacing between business units to ensure alignment of strategies and initiatives
- Work on both short term, ad hoc requests as well as longer term analyses and projects
- Map out processes and develop efficiencies and improvements
- Research content for presentations leveraging a variety of tools such as interviews, meetings, internet, internal materials
- Role varies by initiative and may be project management related or acting as a business analyst/execution resource to management
- Must have a strong technical understanding and able to define both high level as well as low level requirements
- Must be independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environment
- Ability to leverage technology to deliver business value
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in payments centered business analyst role
- Proven ability to collaborate with engineering teams and deliver complex payment related products
- Comfort with Agile operating models (practical experience of Scrum / Kanban)
- Team oriented, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong understanding of Asia payment networks
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong understanding of SWIFT messaging and corresponding banking
- Familiarity with with FPS, BACS, CHAPS, TARGET2, SEPA, SWIFT payments
- Prior experience of leading payment schema direct membership onboarding (CHAPS, FEDWIRE,BOJ)
- Working knowledge for payment vendor products such as Finastra GPP, Volante, Fircosoft, etc
- Understanding of payment regulations (PSD2, Open banking, etc)
- Line experience with payments - understanding repairs, kick-backs, free formats, etc...
- Prior experience in a corporate cash management bank or FinTech
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity