Business Analyst - FX
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Work closely with the key stakeholders to ensure that requirements are in line with the Bank's strategy
- Work with the SCALE Sales team to pitch the platform to clients / support the sales team to conduct required market/client research / demonstrate the product to the client (technical API demonstrations).
- Help the sales team by Coordinating & managing the onboarding related activities by closely working with the client coverage and other internal teams to onboard client into various systems
- Numerical analysis of customer data and Support the business to on board new clients to the product
People and Talent
- Run regular project working groups
- Engage with key business and technology stakeholders for requirements and regular progress updates
- Help the business with the BAU issues
- Ensure specified requirements and system changes / enhancements are aligned to the strategy
- Apply industry knowledge and experience and work with delivery teams to identify and recommend solutions for change
- Write detailed business requirements and functional specification documents that effectively articulate business requirements and proposed change
- Work with project stakeholders to gain agreement on the detailed requirements
- Work with the vendors (where applicable) and internal technology teams in facilitating the specifications work
- Provide liaison between the vendors (where applicable) and business users to support the development process
- Plan the required testing ensuring traceability between business requirements and test cases
- Undertake functional testing of the delivered functionality to ensure it meets the requirements and where required document issues and manage to resolution
- Provide specialist support to the business users during testing phases
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Effectively manage risk arising out of deliveries, provide amicable solution & ensure sales/PO are updated with regular information
- Identify risks and issues early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to stakeholders in a timely manner
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Understanding Local regulatory/compliance landscape and working with transaction banking to understand end-to-end capabilities that can be supported
- Post graduate degree or qualification(s) in a relevant subject
- 8+ years of analysis experience.
- Strong domain knowledge in FX
- Understanding of the API's
- Banking products, including derivatives across multiple asset classes, risk management processes, settlements & client onboarding
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of front to back trade flow for FICC products, particularly FX
- Client facing experience
- Client presentation Skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience in the delivery of major projects in the front office IT space
- Working knowledge in Agile Model
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.