The Role Responsibilities
Detailed areas of scope
- Are you looking for an opportunity to flex your organizational design-muscle? Do you have a knack for bringing Business and IT together to deliver optimal value for your clients? Are you a natural connector of people, process, data and IT? Then joining the Business Architecture Centre of Expertise within Client Coverage (part of Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking) at Standard Chartered could be the next big step in your professional journey!
- Our team drives the end-to-end orchestration of overarching operating model decisioning, including underlying capabilities and business services with Client Coverage. You are detail oriented, but also able to keep a macro view across Hives (SCBs core Agile business constructs) to ensure optimal collaboration and delivery of strategic objectives. You deliver analyses and key design deliverables, including the socialization and alignment of these throughout the organization, across Business, IT and Operations.
- Works with Business, Product Owners, Global Process Owners, Policy teams and others in understanding current state issues, mapping these to business led solutions and business advantages where possible.
- Supports in identifying opportunities for optimization in execution of business strategy within CC, leveraging insights from the wider CCIB organization, with a focus on the bank's ESG and Sustainability ambition.
- Ensures change initiatives within CC are aligned to those of CCIB, ensuring synergies, and efficiency and effectiveness of overall delivery is maximized.
People and Talent
- Prepare and run requirement gathering sessions.
- Interpret and translate requirements.
- Provide design expertise for the Lining up the Work process for new and existing capabilities, across Client Lifecycle Management, specifically for ESG.
- Liaise with stakeholder to understand capacity required to deliver the high-level solution option(s).
- Ensure a smooth transition of demand from analysis to delivery teams.
- Establish strong relationships & communication channels across each of the stakeholder areas.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Advocate a high-performance culture, with a broad representation of backgrounds, domain expertise, skills and capabilities fitting within the CC domain and SCB business.
- Support the Business Architecture team in cascading strategic objectives to delivery teams.
- Responsible for continuous (self-)development and performing ongoing industry research.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- CLDM Management Team, CC Hive Leadership team, CC Hive architects, CC Management Team, CLDM system owners, T&I architects, DCDA leadership, CLDM Head Process & Governance, Head Policy Implementation, Head Regulatory Implementation, CCIB COO, Client Segment Heads and delegates, FM COO, TB COO, Lending COO, CSO.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Any Bachelor/ Master's degree from a recognized university
- 4+ years of experience preferably in Banking/ Financial services
- Strong affinity with end-to-end client lifecycle management.
- Keen interest in Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) topics and its evolving landscape across Sustainability and NetZero.
- Understanding of related components such as Regulatory Classifications, Credit, Data Management, CRM and Governance.
- Participates in and delivers solution design options, covering activities such as Requirement gathering, Current versus target state analysis, Process flow definition, Features and acceptance criteria definition.
- Experience within Investment Banking as Management/Business Consultant or equivalent preferable.
- Natural networker with strong presentation and analytical skills.
- Strong writing and presenting skills in business communication.
- Ability to positively engage and build rapport with clients.
- Problem solver; looks for solutions and finds ways to progress despite blockages.
- Strong drive to deliver.
- Has a clear understanding of the client needs being serviced.
- Excel in Analytical skills and problem solving capabilities
- A team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge in MS applications.
About Standard Chartered
- Analytical Thinking: Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
- Banking Products: Knowledge of and understanding of investment and corporate banking products
- Business Architecture: Knowledge of an enterprise's business structure, including processes and information related to business services; ability to design a blueprint for the architecture and align it with organizational strategic objectives.
- Information Capture: Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
- Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Process Improvement: Understanding and insight into evaluating current product quality and production methods and ability to maintains focus on the continuous improvement of processes, products and services.
- Understanding Customer Needs: Knowledge of and the ability to recognize and be sensitive to the different perspectives and priorities of different customers.
- Agile (Foundation or higher)
- LSS (Greenbelt or higher)
- Design Thinking
- DevOps fundamentals
- ISEB Business Analysis (or equivalent)
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organization, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realize their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers