Role: BFS Business Analyst, Digitalization
Department: ASEAN Consulting
Focus: Banking and Financial Services
Location: Singapore The Cognizant Difference - Helping our Clients Win In Digital
At Cognizant Consulting, our consultants orchestrate the capabilities to truly change the game-across strategy, design, technology and industry/functional knowledge. Our strategy is built around elevating business and industry understanding of the aspirations and unique abilities of our clients and by building these relationships based on trust and value.
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst with at least 3 years of working experiences within in a consulting or IT services vendor firm with exposure to methodologies and frameworks for business analysis. The individual must possess at least 1 year of consulting experience in banking / financial services. Hands-on experience in process documentation, business analysis, management consulting, and digitalization projects in banking / financial services is highly preferred. Roles and Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Working on client's business operations and IT initiatives
- Organizing and participating stakeholder discussions / workshops for carrying out business analysis, defining solution alternatives, building consensus and obtaining sign-off.
- Documenting client discussions, analysis findings and the recommended solution in clear and concise manner
- Supporting the engagement team during functional validation and deployment of the solution
- Effectively interacting with stakeholders across various business, operations, and IT teams
- Independently managing assigned work streams and ensure high quality deliverables
- Developing strong working relationships with clients and ensure positive client feedback
- Assisting client onboarding for cross-functional applications.
- Supporting system integration testing and user acceptance testing cycles for cash management projects
- About 3-5 years of experience as a business analyst, preferably in a consulting or IT services vendor firm with exposure to methodologies and frameworks for business analysis
- Hands-on experience in process documentation, business analysis, management consulting
- At least 1 year of experience in banking / financial services is must; more the better
- Experience in digitalization projects in banking / financial services preferred.
- Payments or Cash management experience preferred
- Post graduate qualification (Master's) in Finance / IT or an MBA from a reputed Institution
- Proficient in requirements management, requirements gathering techniques, interviews, workshops, document analysis, surveys, business process mapping/ modeling, use cases, user stories, scenarios, gap analysis, business entity models, data analysis, mock-ups, workflow analysis, functionality drilldown, non-functional requirements (NFR) analysis and solution definition
- Knowledge of SDLC (Waterfall / Agile), UML diagrams, typical BRD/ functional specs templates
- Ability to conduct well-structured discussions with business, operations and IT stakeholders
- Ability to independently plan, carry out and track assigned tasks and ensure their timely completion
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite, including Visio and MS Project
- Ability to perform in challenging deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills