About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate Required:
- Lead the Information Technology and Operations (ITO) engagement in the Front Office (FO) Supervision Programme, engaging and representing functional owners / stakeholders
- Build out the CIB FO Supervisory platform for complete coverage of global supervisory responsibilities and functionality to provide insight and oversight into the data presented and lead to a better managed and supervised Financial Markets business.
- Lead business process improvements in the production, presentation and delivery of supervisory data and functionality and operational capability across CIB support and control functions and relevant FO teams
- Introduce supervisory workflows, sign offs and attestations by responsibility theme / responsibility, expand on current trending functionality for pattern detection capabilities. Introduce benchmarking of supervisors vs peers and businesses, regions and countries
- Manage delivery of operational capability improvement across FO teams and their support and control functions (Product Control, Middle Office, Market and Traded Credit Risk)
- Perform in-depth analysis around key business and operational problems and opportunity areas, to determine strategic solutions / proposals - focusing on long term efficiency, risk reduction and regulatory compliance
- Establish business benefit to CIB from delivery of internal/external strategic change and define metrics to appropriately measure success
- Manage relationships with stakeholder, business users and technical delivery teams
- Maintain a culture of risk awareness and proactive resolution. Identify risks & issues and communicate them to the relevant people in a timely manner - assist with proposing & planning mitigating steps
- Perform detailed analysis of specific aspects of the regulatory change scope
- Propose relevant solutions and translate into clear Functional Specifications
- Liaise with development teams to ensure that Functional Specifications are understood & implemented correctly
- Pro-actively engage, manage & build relationships with technology (including vendors) & business stakeholders both internal and external.
- Assist the PM with planning of BA tasks
- Support the test team & business users during the testing phase by making design calls, owing test preparation & assisting in issue analysis & resolution
- Support transitions to the production support team
- Extensive experience of delivering change through key business analysis roles in waterfall and various agile methodologies, particularly scrum, or a good practical understanding of scrum and iterative delivery.
- Experience of FM and other CIB products, both flow, OTC & trade lifecycle aligned to industry best practice
- Ability to document business, functional and non-functional requirements and/or user stories and functional solution designs of high quality with no ambiguity, working to tight deadlines with quick turnaround times
- Knowledge of testing approaches and techniques
- Proven ability to develop and implement solutions, working individually or as part of a team
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with ability to work effectively cross department and geography
- Proactive and driven individual - independent thinker able to influence and motivate others.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo & provide alternative solutions
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Multicultural awareness
- Pricing, risk and valuations competency across key FM products, especially FXRC
- Experience of global regulations and regulatory environment
- Experience of FO supervisory and control frameworks
- Experience leading management dashboards, metrics production
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .