- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 27 Dec 17
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.JOB PURPOSE
The purpose of the role is to provide Business Analysis to the Financial Markets Technology group, focusing on the CVA and FVA Risk management framework fof Front Office, Market Risk and Product Control. The joiner will join a high performing team working on in-house cross asset class risk management platform SABRE (Standard Chartered Analytics Booking and Risk Engine). The role will involve working closely with users and senior stakeholders in the XVA business, front office tool developers and quants.
The job purpose consist in:
o Building strong, effective relationships with both the business and technology teams, across global offices.
o Collaborating with Front Office, Market Risk and Product Control stakeholders to gather requirements, solve business problems by proposing relevant, innovative solutions.
o Working with development teams and quantative analysts to deliver technology deliverables applying agile development methodologies.
o Translating and documenting business requirements
o Managing testing phases and UAT with users, supporting the analysis of results and answering users questions on the XVA deliveries.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities are as follows below:
o Understand requirements and translate into quality technology solutions
o Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders
o Take ownership of technology deliveries from high level requirement through development, testing and deployment
o Translate solutions into detailed, unambiguous, business and functional requirements
o Provide on-going support to the technology teams as required e.g. authoring / reviewing test cases, closing out open issues / questions, managing change request process etc.
o Identify risks and issues early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to stakeholders in a timely manner
o Work closely with business sponsors, project and programme managers to ensure all stakeholders are fully engaged and expectations managed
o Delivery focused, committing to specific tasks and ensuring these and the overall projects deadlines are met
Head of XVA and XVA traders, Risk managers, Product Controlers, quantitative analysts, development leads, developers, testers, project managers, program manager, support groups
* Stakeholder feedback (Business and IT)
* Delivery of individual tasks and overall projects on time and of a high quality
* Quality of documentation
* Ensuring projects pass internal audits and reviews
* Post project implementation reviews and alignment of project deliverable to measurable exit criteria
Qualifications and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Solid knowledge in Financial Mathematics and Statistics is a Must. Experience on CVA/FVA or Credit Derivatives is Preferred.
* Experience working in fast paced, high demanding Financial Markets environments.
* Experience in Financial Markets risk systems development, implementation or support
* Quantative finance understanding, experience working with analytics libraries, understanding of price and risk construction.
* Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation
* Ability to take ownership of business requirements and manage them through to delivery. Work proactively, independently and display strong initiative
* Technical background would be beneficial, understanding of programming is a plus
* Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken)
* Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics. Multicultural awareness.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 19/02/2018. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.