- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 23 Nov 17
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The Associate will support CF COO Office in efficiently running the various control and governance programmes. They will be key part of the team working with the objective of improving governance of the CF portfolio and ensuring adherence to applicable policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities for the CF COO Governance team include management of Process Governance Committee (PGC), Peer Reviews, GIA Audit, and End User Compliance (EUCs) and involved in various projects including but not limited to Conflicts of Interest, records Management, Model Risk, for CF. The team also undertakes analysis of new global initiatives impacting CF and works with relevant teams for implementation at global and country levels.
* Act as Secretary/ support to Governance Committees/ Groups or Forums
* Support in execution of streamlining opportunities in the Global Banking business
* Assist team management in management of Operational Risk of the business in coordination with Global Process Owner, Risk Owners to ensure full compliance with internal policies and procedures
* Assist Business Process Owners with their process governance responsibilities relating to Global Banking
* Design and implementation of CF's management information framework
* Support COO in maintaining a strong and appropriate control and assurance environment
* Maintain oversight of CF COO office on operational losses/risk issue incidents and engagement with CIB OR to ensure necessary root-cause analysis undertaken to avoid recurrence
* Represent CF Banking and independently engage with stakeholders in various audit, compliance and product partner initiatives
* Facilitate engagement of CF COO Office with the CF business in the context of providing meaningful management input
* Draft a wide variety of communications and presentations.
* Support CF in maintaining a strong and appropriate control environment
* Share best practices, identify and analyze strategic opportunities
Regulatory & Business conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
* CF PGC members
* CF Management Group
* Global/Regional/Segment/Country Heads of CIB and CF Heads and their BPMs
* Functions: Operational Risk, GIA, Credit Risk, Legal, Compliance, FCC, GTO
* Other PGC Chairs and Secretariats
* Regional COO Offices, BORMs
* Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in daily duties
* Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
* Broad understanding of Corporate & Institutional banking; and multi-discipline experiences
* Strong analytical skills and ability to make decisions. Significant attention to detail required.
* Willing and capable to take ownership and responsibility for initiatives and drive them to desired outcome.
* Excellent communications and presentation skills with ability to adjust communication styles depending on type of target audience.
* Strong prioritization of work and time management skills
* Strong interpersonal skills in networking and influencing decisions taken in the business and in infrastructure teams
* Structured, process-driven and thorough individual
* Must be courageous and responsive.
* Good business judgment and strong in operational control and risk assessment important in a multifunctional and multicultural team environment.
* Strong desire to learn, ability to work under pressure and within timelines
* Ability to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders including senior management - COOs, senior business staff, project managers and technology.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.