- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 22 Apr 18
Blockchain Support Analyst
Blockchain Support AnalystJob Description:
The candidate will research, develop and support for blockchain and distributed ledger technologies. This include developing code and support for new generation of trusted distributed systems.
The candidate should be motivated to work in fast-paced, fast-growth environment where many changes take place routinely. The candidate will expect to work with a diverse team of system analysts, system engineers, database administrators and developers, for providing application architecture, reliability, data architecture, reporting fulfilment, and operational support.
- Lead and contribute to implementation and support of a blockchain and distributed ledger environment including the consensus layer, distributed ledger, and smart contracts layer.
- Lead hypothesis development, planning, execution of pilot launch and mature promising concepts into prototypes
- Review and test existing technologies and software components and make sound recommendations for adoption and full stack integration
- Collaborate with internal organizations to support Blockchain-powered applications
- Ensure the use of latest security best practices accordingly to the information security guidelines and to comply with the bank's security compliance policy
- Conduct unit tests, peer code reviews and quality assurance tests before rolling out solutions into production environment
- Provide technical specifications, presentations and write-ups for designs and architectures
- Collaborate effectively with other staff to solve complex problems
- Bachelor of Computing in Computer Science
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in the field of information Security, especially Cryptography and Hashing Algorithms
- Preferably more than 2 years of hand-on technical experience in distributed computing, distributed ledger or Blockchain
- Ability to use wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Ability to adapt to new programming languages, methodologies, and platforms to meet the demand of the organisation.
- Experience in multiple server and web technologies, services and APIs
(e.g, RESTful and SOAP)
- A working understanding of code and script
- Experience in mainstream programming languages such as Java/C/C++
- Experience with modern DevOps tools and workflows..
- Experience with agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) and test automation (behaviour, unit and integration testing)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Knowledgeable in cloud architecture and scalable solutions including orchestration & containers and microservices
- Ability to communicate technical matters clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical team members
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills