- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
Blockchain EngineerThe successful candidate will be primarily responsible to:
- Lead and contribute to architecture, design, and implementation of a blockchain environment including the consensus layer, distributed ledger, and smart contracts layer.
- Lead hypothesis development, planning and execution of pilot launch to mature promising concepts into prototypes
- Review and test existing technologies and software components and make sound recommendations for adoption and full stack integration
- Collaborate with internal organizations to execute development of Blockchain-powered applications by taking requirements and turning them into architected solutions, includes selecting the right development platform and functionalities for various development sprints
- Ensure the use of latest security best practices accordingly to the information security guidelines and to comply with the bank's security compliance policy
- Develop rapid prototypes and work on fast paced projects
- Conduct unit tests, peer code reviews and quality assurance tests before rolling out solutions into production environment
- Take existing prototypes to production quality code to create new products and offerings
- Provide technical specifications, presentations and write-ups for designs and architectures
- Collaborate effectively with other staff to solve complex problems
- Engage, champion and contribute to Open Source Software communities
The ideal candidate would possess:
- At least Bachelor of Computing in Computer Science
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in the field of Information Security, especially Cryptography and Hashing Algorithms
- Hands on technical experience in Distributed computing, distributed ledger or Blockchain, and open source frameworks such as Ethereum, NXT, Corda or MultiChain, etc.
- Hands-on experience in designing and deploying highly scalable and highly robust software systems and solutions (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) in the cloud
- Significant experience in multiple server and web technologies, services and APIs (e.g., RESTful and SOAP)
- Knowledgeable in cloud architecture and scalable solutions including orchestration & containers and microservices
- Must have hands on experience with all aspects of software development and its life cycle: data, server side, UI, and open source software.
- Experience in mainstream programming languages such as Java/C/C++
- Experience with modern DevOps tools and workflows such as GitHub, Jira, etc.
- Experience with agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) and test automation (behavior, unit and integration testing with tools like cucumber, mocha, etc.)
- Passionate for technologies and continuous learning
- Team player with good collaborative decision making skills
- Well organized and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex, cross-functional teams in project development
- Ability to communicate technical matters clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical team members
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills