Big Data Dev Ops - Information Management, TD Insurance
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Securities
- 22 Jan 18 2018-01-22
The Information Management team is accountable for defining, delivering and maintaining data-driven solutions across three lines of business, Insurance, US Credit Cards, and Canadian Collections & Recovery.
The team has a focus on several key domains – Big Data Technologies, Sophisticated Analytics, Machine Learning and Insights along with standardized and commoditized Data Visualization, Business Intelligence, Data Integration, Data Warehousing and Reporting.
The mission is to maximize business value by balancing strategic architectural plans with speed of delivery and leveraging shared infrastructure services and delivering solutions which drive systemic business advantage.
About This Role
We are seeking highly motivated and capable technologists to join our Information Management team to work on the forefront of enabling TD's big data strategy with a special focus on DevOps.
Across multiple large-scale transformation programs and in a data management context, reporting to the Development Manager from Canada, the Developer will develop new tools, new frameworks and automate development activities into a continuous cross-technology process for: environment setup and tear down, software packaging and deployment, software release management, software integration, software testing, etc.
• Gather requirements from developers, designers, management and partners on software development process improvements
• Lead DevOps roll-out for information management group
• Perform DevOps activities such as packaging, deployment or software configuration, environment management, continuous integration, etc.
• Understand the full end to end development activities across all technologies
• Learn and use new data management tool automation API for DevOps
• Learn and use new cloud infrastructure services for DevOps
• Learn and use software development supporting technologies for release management, packaging, etc.
• Work with different technology partners to integrate with existing and available DevOps services, or recommend new ones where relevant.
• Document, maintain and communicate software integration standards and processes
• Support developers and partners
• Pursue enterprise learning opportunities to develop and mature your skills in the big data space
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• Be at the forefront of new software development technologies
• Eager to help, share and support others
• At ease with open communication, collaboration, reaching out to all players
• Relevant work experience in an Agile team and environment
• Have contributed to various phases and activities during the software development lifecycle
• Relevant work experience with Hadoop, Talend and data integration
• Experience with one or more scripting languages such as python or bash
• Experience with one or more programming languages such as java, scala or .NET languages
• Experience with one or more of the following: git, mercurial, subversion, Accurev
• Experience with Jenkins or equivalence
• Knowledge of one software build management framework or equivalence: Maven, Gradle, sbt
• Understandings of infrastructure connectivity and security
• Expert with one or more diagramming tools. Knowledge of UML is an asset.
• A focused priority for repeating efficiency and productivity
• Practicality, user friendly and simplicity mindset
• Knowledge of Azure cloud infrastructure, or others, is an asset
• A self-starter mentality capable of tackling challenging tasks independently
• Ability to work in distributed international work environment