- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 17 Dec 17
Benefits Design & Implementation Manager
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Working closely with the Group Pensions & Benefits team, and in conjunction with the Global Benefits Design Lead, you will be focused on the re-design of benefits, introducing greater choice for colleagues across the Bank's larger markets, and then managing the implementation. This project is intended to align practice with the Bank's Global Benefits Principles. The project is anticipated to run over 3.5 years, and the role will be for the period up to mid-2021.
For designated markets, with a particular focus on countries in the ASEAN and South Asia (ASA) and Greater China and North Asia (GCNA) regions:
- Working with local and Group stakeholders including management, P&B team members, PRB (Performance, Reward and Benefits) advisory colleagues, service delivery (locally and in Global Business Services support in Chennai), employee relations and legal, to manage the review of benefit structures locally in line with the design principles and template for designated markets. Primary responsibility for the development of the refreshed benefits will remain at the local/regional level;
- To work with the Head, Pensions & Benefits, Global Benefits Design Lead, other Global Benefits Design Consultants and P&B team members in the continued development of global benefit design principles and approaches for the purposes of consistency;
- To manage the support of consultants and third parties, including linking in with the technology vendor to ensure that refreshed benefits can be successfully delivered online;
- To work with local colleagues in order establish the basis for agreement to the new structure of benefits;
- To manage the calculation of grandfathered values of benefits;
- To manage the timetable of benefit re-design within the overall requirements of the Benefits Transformation project;
- To manage the change and implementation of the new designs, working with colleagues within country and support functions, including the process re-alignment required to support the new benefits;
- To liaise closely with the Benefits Transformation Project Manager in establishing the sequencing of work across the countries;
- To maintain a good knowledge of benefit offerings and new trends and developments in benefit design and governance for the countries in which the Bank operates.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge and experience across the full range of pensions and benefits (defined as non-cash/shares elements of reward);
- A professional qualification, e.g. actuarial or similar, is preferred;
- Technical knowledge of insurance and captive arrangements is an advantage but not essential;
- An understanding of the diversity of pensions and benefits legislation, custom and practice across the countries in which the Group operates;
- An understanding of the range of delivery approaches for different benefits;
- Experience of best practice within major multinational companies;
- Experience of change and benefits process re-engineering preferred;
- Communication skills to articulate complex issues simply and comprehensibly;
- The ability to develop and maintain personal relationships with staff of all nationalities through the Group;
- The ability to work independently; identifying and prioritising key issues then managing them through to a conclusion;
- Strong experience of project management and delivery;
- Focus on high standards, quality and high attention to detail;
- A willingness to travel in order to participate in local meetings.
- Internal: Head, Pensions and Benefits, Benefits Transformation Global Benefits Design Lead, Benefits Transformation Project Manager, HR change team, Pensions & Benefits Team, Insurable Risk, technology teams, Regional PRB Advisory, Local PRB Delivery; local management with pensions or benefits responsibilities, Benefits teams within the Global Business Services.
- External: vendors, including the global benefits portal provider, insurance networks and companies, underwriters, existing and potential new benefits providers, administrators, legal, actuarial, benefit specialists and other consultants; international benefit managers in similar multinational companies; regulators; authorities.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.