BX COO Business Oversight Compliance
Business Oversight Compliance Officer Singapore
As a Barclays Business Oversight Compliance Officer, you will provide direct compliance advisory and oversight to all of the Chief Operating Office (COO) departments, with particular focus on Chief Security Office, Technology, Operations CRES and Procurement functions. In this role you will have an opportunity to take the lead in managing relations with COO departments and to act as the primary point of contact on key initiatives and compliance advisory.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Providing day-to-day advice on compliance, conduct and reputational risks, including advice on Compliance Policy and Standards and regulations that apply to those functions
- Providing technical advisory in relation to regulatory information request, incident reporting and supporting any audits, regulatory inspection and remediation
- Advising, checking and challenging business strategy, initiatives and operations, including: Conflicts of interests, One Compliance Risk Assessment (OCRA), etc.
- Providing proactive oversight, including providing communications, new hire and bespoke training to COO departments
- Carrying out periodic Conduct Risk reviews/ verification checks of processes and controls in these teams to ensure teams are adhering to Compliance's Standards and regulations
- Supporting and challenging COO functions on implementing Compliance related controls and on key activities such as Compliance Policy/ Standard refresh
- Interacting with colleagues across COO departments to ensure compliance risks are properly escalated, understood and addressed
- Interacting with relevant industry bodies on rules and regulations
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Relevant compliance advisory experience and technical knowledge of regulations in the technology, cyber security and operations
- Solid knowledge of the Financial Services regulatory landscape and experience of coordinating work effectively across teams
- Sound relationship management skills with good controls mind-set and working in a global matrix organisation
- Experience in Risk Management and Control and or in Compliance advisory coverage to COO and Functions areas or Country Compliance
Where will you be working?
- Proven experience in supporting major regulatory developments
- Proven experience in risk assessment
- Proven experience in supporting regulatory inspection and audits
- Proven experience around controls testing/ design
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a "city in a garden". Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you're just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.