- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 18 Oct 17
BA analyst (GT BMU – Transformation Team), Global Treasury Business Management
BA analyst (GT BMU – Transformation Team), Global Treasury Business ManagementThis is a permanent role for a Business Analyst with some basic quantitative background. The person will be part of the OCBC Treasury Business Management Unit (Business Transformation Team). The role requires extensive communication with Treasury desks to work on new product pricing capabilities, work with support partners on new product rollouts as well as actively participate in key strategic Treasury projects.
- Ability to analyze and understand product termsheets and offer solutions to the product sponsor and support partners to facilitate product rollouts.
- Work closely with market risk and Treasury Front office to identify suitable quantitative models for valuation and risk management.
- Design, and prototype product templates to integrate with valuations and risk measures to other treasury systems
- Partner with external vendors and internal technology teams to access the best available technology/framework and identify suitable solutions to meet business needs.
- Participate with internal business partners on cross functional projects to provide STP solutions for pricing, distribution and execution capabilities.
- Anchor and contribute to key streams in Treasury's strategic projects during user requirement, system testing, user testing and rollout phases.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve the service offered to the business unit.
- More than 2 years of relevant experience in bank/equivalent environment
- Proven experience of delivering quick and manageable solutions
- Proven experience in creating artifacts within the SDLC development life cycle
- Basic understanding of financial products like Interest Rate Swaps, FX and Equities cash and options
- Willing to learn about new technologies, new product structures, product execution and pricing of financial products
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment and meet tight timelines.
- Basic understanding of valuation/pricing of financial instruments
- Experience with designing any web-services architecture is highly desirable
D egree (Business Finance, Engineering/Computer, Science/Math) is a must. Post graduate degree is desirable.
- A strong analytical and logical approach to problem solving and system development.
- Familiarity with FX, Equity and Credit Derivative products with a basic understanding of the models to price these products.
- Some background on VBA and C+ development is preferred.
- Knowledge on Linux, Python and Oracle technologies is desirable.
- Self driven with excellent planning and organizational skills, and be able to plan and manage multiple tasks
- Some experience working on integration projects is preferred.
- Understanding of Murex and Numerix is preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft office suite of products
- Experience of full SD life-cycle, from initial concept right through to live deployment and support