BARX FX C++ Application Developer
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
BARX FX C++ Application Developer
AETT Technology is a global technology organization that partners with a variety of businesses and functions across Barclays Group.
The majority of the teams are front office facing and responsible for the development and support of trading, eCommerce, pricing and risk management applications. Several teams provide cross-asset technologies offered to the wider Barclays organization. AETT Technology employs developers, business analysts, project managers and application management resources across the globe, and is organized into business and function aligned teams.
The global team has forged strong partnerships with the business and the infrastructure groups including: quantitative analysis, finance, operations, product control and risk management functions. The ethos of these teams is to create flexible, innovative, robust and well-engineered systems that are architected to support business growth and innovation.
· Writing high quality robust, reliable and high-performance C++14 code on the Linux based platform, BARX FX, using the latest development tools and an Agile development approach.
· Working with Product owners and project managers to analyse new business or technical requirements and find the appropriate technical solution. Follow all steps of the development lifecycle from unit tests, code reviews, automated and performance test to final delivery of the solution into the production environment.
· Working effectively to deliver change to the BARX FX trading platform. Working within a team of other C++ and Java developers and participating in a culture of "knowledge sharing".
· Delivering continuous improvement of the development environmen t.
· C++14: Must have experience/knowledge of writing multithreaded Server applications.
· Must have experience/knowledge of writing high quality robust, reliable and high-performance multi-tier enterprise systems
· Must have experience/knowledge of complex real time systems which have a high frequency messaging element between server to server and UI and server
· Must Communicate effectively with other development team members, other project members, other managers and users, gauging the level of technical knowledge of the audience in these communications
· Linux: Desirable to have experience of writing C++ code on Linux
· SQL: Desirable to have experience of using SQL, and ability to write stored procedures, triggers.
· Participate in technical discussions within the development team, communicating any issues that have a project-wide scope to the necessary level.
· Participate in a culture of knowledge sharing within the development team. Development background
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.