Automated Assurance AVP
As a Barclays Automated Assurance Manager, you will work with a global team responsible for the execution of independent, risk-based Conduct and Financial Crime reviews. The team supports Barclays' Compliance strategy by examining the bank's defenses against risks, offering insightful analysis and providing expert advice to senior management to effectively influence business decisions and the identification and escalation of issues where appropriate.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we are looking for:
- Designing and delivering reviews that provide strong insight and value by identifying risks and issues, or examples of good practice
- Articulating root causes, outcomes and consequences to support corrective actions or the further embedding of robust controls and processes at a fundamental level
- Adopting Data Analytics to use logic and analytical skills in reviews while providing assurance and identifying issues
- Conducting reviews to ensure the review team adhere to the Compliance Assurance methodology in the execution of reviews (planning, testing, and reporting)
- Monitoring and validation of issues and actions. Being fully accountable for working papers being completed timely and accurately, with clear and concise findings
- Conducting assurance activities that identify risk/control/outcome deficiencies of the upmost relevance, providing valuable insights and informed opinions
- Preparing robust action plans designed to materially and sustainably mitigate the risks identified in the issue
- Actively participating in the Automated Assurance strategy and initiatives
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent. Other professional qualifications are an advantage
- Relevant data analytical work experience in a global Investment Bank
- Working experience with data analytics techniques e.g. SQL, SAS, Tableau, or similar data visualisation and analytical tools
- Ability to be proportionate, pragmatic and resilient in approach to application of data analytics to reviews
Where will you be working?
- Ability to perform data and/or system profiling and analytics
- Understanding of Investment Banking business, particularly Markets, preferably with a global Investment bank
- Knowledge of compliance and/or financial crime regulations, risks, technology systems/solutions
- Adaptable and ability to embrace change as team evolves to stay relevant to business model changes and needs
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a "city in a garden". Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you're just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.