Audit Data Engineer
The position within Program Management Office in Group Audit focusses on developing the data analytics capabilities in the division. The core remit includes:
- Developing and maintaining an efficient and automated ecosystem - data mart, analytical and visualization tools - to support the development and automation of key audit analytics programs. An important component is building optimal data pipelines to ingest structured and unstructured data sources.
- Increasing the effectiveness of audit processes by leveraging data analytics for risk discovery and insights. This includes designing and developing audit dashboards for continuous risk assessments and continuous auditing.
- Propagating the use of audit analytics programs across the audit teams in various geographies to drive the cross-fertilisation and penetration of data analytics in Group Audit.
- Up-skilling staff competencies in performing data analytics and visualisation.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to augment Group Audit's data analytics capabilities, as well as accelerating the speed of up-skilling.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in data engineering and designing/developing management dashboards.
- Good working knowledge in statistics, data warehouse ecosystems and database structures (Teradata & Hadoop), streamlining and automation of ETL processes and data wrangling. Competent in a variety of analytical and database tools such as SQL, SAS, Python, QlikView, Tableau, Power BI, Hive and Hue Query.
- Highly meticulous and passionate about applying advance analytics techniques to solving problem statements relating to risks and controls assessments by the internal audit function.
- Strong communications skills to articulate complex technical solutions to non-technical auditors. A curious personality with the ability to "think-out-of-the-box" would do well in this role
- Strong believer in continuous and self-directed learning, and willingness to coach and train fellow colleagues in performing data analytics/developing models
- Seasoned in stakeholder management and self-motivated in driving outcomes and results.