- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
Audit Data Analyst
Audit Data AnalystJob Overview The individual will be responsible for developing and executing audit analytics and championing projects aimed at improving analytics capabilities that will improve the team's productivity and drive depth in the coverage of the various audits and continuous risk assessment. The individual will have a strong understanding of the effective utilisation of data analytics and computer assisted auditing techniques (CAATs) and ideally with knowledge of the Treasury business and to gain an understanding of the Treasury's production and enterprise data repositories. The individual will have to work closely and collaboratively with the audit team and the various stakeholders to ensure the audit analytical needs are effectively supported.
- Evaluate and recommend optimal approach through leveraging current and emerging technologies and data repositories to progress and advance the department's data analytics strategy
- Collaborate with business auditors and the audit clients to identify the most efficient means of accessing and harvesting the data for analysis and reporting
- Work with business auditors to identify and design meaningful application of Data Analytics (DA) and CAATs to be used in audits, risk assessment and continuous auditing, including developing standard toolkit for data mining/query and the work paper documentation standards.
- Support the department head in demonstrating and marketing DA and CAATs capabilities, advantages and success stories to Group Audit management and staff.
- Stay abreast of evolving best practices and trends in the use of DA and CAATs for internal audit, especially in the Treasury, Investment Banking and Asset Liability Management areas and stay informed of the regulatory expectations on the use of DA and CAATs in banks and will keep the department head updated of the trends and developments.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or with Certification with emphasis on Business or Quantitative Analytics
- 5+ years of working experience as a data analyst, preferably with Treasury and / or audit knowledge
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Experience with Murex and various analytical tools and programming languages (QlikView, Power BI, Excel, ACL, Python, R)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written communication and presentation skills to multiple levels of management and teams
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in teams