Audit - Principle Auditor - VP
The Group Audit (GA) function has over 700 staff located in our four hub locations New York, London, Frankfurt, Singapore and 26 other countries.
The hallmarks of our professional, business focused, proactive risk-based work are transparency, integrity and independence. We assist the bank's businesses and infrastructure functions to identify control weaknesses.
Being Deutsche Bank's ‘third line of defence' we have a high profile in the bank acting as an independent and forward looking challenger and adviser to Senior Management on issues and occurrences and are increasingly consulted for advice by the regulators.
Our global connectivity provides a stimulating environment and the opportunity to collaborate with knowledgeable colleagues and specialists around the world. Position Overview Role Responsibilities and Tasks
Experience and Exposure
- Executes day-to-day operational audit work and contributes to the delivery of audits (including risk assessment profiles and business monitoring) with primary focus on the coverage of Regulation, Compliance & CEO functions.
- Implements dynamic planning through business monitoring.
- Plans audits e.g. documenting activity flows of the processes to be reviewed, identifies risks and the key actual controls in place to mitigate the identified risks and attends meetings with internal stakeholders as and when required.
- May lead a team on individual assignments.
- Drafts high quality audit reports for review by audit management, facilitates issue tracking, validates the closure of issues and approves closure of important issues.
- Executes audit fieldwork in line with the agreed audit approach e.g. documenting Activity Flows, identification of key risks, testing of key controls to determine whether they are properly designed and are operating effectively and documenting work in accordance with divisional standards.
- Partners with other divisional/teams during audit engagement to guarantee an integrated approach.
- Reviews and provides expert opinions on action plans provided by clients, helping them develop robust remediation plans.
- Completes all assigned audit work in line with agreed budgets, including ad hoc projects and special investigations.
- Acts as a competent partner and challenger to clients in the closure process of findings.
- Communicates openly with divisional management and the internal stakeholders; keeps them informed of potential issues and escalate problems/delays accordingly.
- Presents complex and sensitive messages (such as audit issues) comprehensively, professionally and reduces complex topics to simple statements.
- Participates in exit meetings as required.
- Proactively keeps abreast of pertinent industry, regulatory and business practices.
- Establishes and maintains a client service/relationship approach with clients in order to understand their business needs. Interprets stakeholder feedback on key business developments/risks and understands the clients' marketplace in order to address their needs and expectations while delivering ‘one voice' to the client in all communications and correspondence.
- Reinforces an environment where people management and development is a key priority.
- Acts as a role model for their own team and others
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, can communicate with clarity, both orally and in writing, in a logical order and structured approach.
- At least 8 years of internal audit or big 4 audit experience in the financial services industry, or has worked with large financial institutions in Singapore or other countries.
- Sound Audit/business knowledge and experience and an understanding of the risks and regulatory requirements for banks operating in the APAC region.
- Knowledge of Investment Banking, Wealth Management and Asset Management products would be an advantage.
- International experience, coupled with a familiarity of working within the operational requirements of a global bank. Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and is able to understand and evaluate risk.
- Strong relationship management, analytical, problem solving, communication, influencing, planning and presentation skills.
- Self-starter and ability to operate at senior levels of the bank
- Very good knowledge of auditing standards and concepts.
- Ability to travel within the APAC region (up to 15% between Singapore or Hong Kong and other countries in APAC).
- Ability to multi-task assignments, prioritize workload with limited supervision and be resilient under pressure when faced with tight deadlines.
- Able to work in virtual, global teams in a matrix organisation, transfer knowledge and develop capability of team members.
- Unquestionable personal integrity and ethics.
- Bachelor Degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university (or equivalent) or equivalent work experience.
- Professional/industry recognised qualifications e.g. Certified Internal Auditor, Accounting qualifications such as ACA and CPA
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank does not accept unsolicited curriculum vitae from third party vendors.