Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Anti-Money Laundering
Overview of Division/Department
Our Anti-Money Laundering (AMLD), a member of our Asia & Oceania Administration Department, is responsible for identifying and implementing measures to mitigate anti-money laundering and terrorists financing risks across all the markets, products and countries in which the Bank transacts. Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities
To manage overall risk of bank's Anti-Money Laundering risk in Singapore branch and manage Anti-Money Laundering Section.
AMLD is responsible to be the second line of defence to manage money laundering/terrorism financing risks of the branch. AMLD is required to identify and manage the mentioned risks when transactions are being processed or when applications, products, systems and technologies are being adopted.
Your key roles & responsibilities include:
· Organise and perform CDD reviews in accordance with applicable framework.
· Coordinate work within the team to optimise resources for timely completion of CDD.
· Assist in the following up on AML-relevant audit findings and any necessary rectifications.
· Assist in updating compliance manual, compliance risk management manual and other IOPs for AML/CFT/Sanctions/Tax related matters.
· Participate in ad-hoc projects.
· Perform department administrative duties when required.
· Perform any other tasks for the department as requested by the department head.
· Checking of CDD system related fields and ensure that information are accurate. Job Requirements
What you should have:
• Demonstrate good understanding of the CDD procedures and processes to perform the work efficiently.
• Demonstrate good knowledge of AML processes in the bank and able to recommend process improvements
• Implement the required changes in AML/CFT IOPs and keeping them up to date.
• Able to keep abreast with AML/CFT industry practices and trends
• Understand and apply concept of risk based approach in AMLCFT matters
• Able to perform reviews on difficult shareholding structures and special reviews without any guidance
• Demonstrate advanced understanding of MLTF risk of banking products and services
• Demonstrate basic understanding of major business sectors and their associated MLTF risks
• Able to extract from ABS, MAS HO and circulars when they relate to AML/CFT/Sanctions/Tax and disseminate the information accordingly.
• Able to explain AMLCFT standards and requirements to stakeholders clearly.
• Able to work closely with the team and internal stakeholders to ensure adherence to bank policy.
Systems / Application
• Able to recommend system enhancements of AML systems and contribute effectively to the implementation process.
• Able to establish what constitute a reduction in false hits, and how to enhance the process, through use of technology such as data analytics
• Able to monitor Branch compliance with AML/CFT regulations & law and report any violations to management
• Able to follow up and assist to close AML-relevant audit findings and their rectification. Join Mizuho Bank, Ltd., in Singapore, and be part of our expanding team, passionate to build the future together. "One MIZUHO: Building the future with you"