Associate / Analyst, Group Treasury Specialist, DBS Vickers Securities
DBS Vickers Securities is the wholly-owned brokerage arm of DBS Bank. Headquartered in Singapore, we provide a comprehensive blend of services for retail and institutional clients. We also have strong presence in Hong Kong, Thailand and Indonesia, as well as offices in USA and UK, and partnerships and affiliations across the rest of Asia. DBS Vickers Securities offers a broad range of services, which include share placement and trading, Exchange Traded Funds, and securities custodial services. We are also an active player in the distribution of primary and secondary issues in the Singapore and regional Capital Markets. Responsibilities:
- Cash Management: Funding of Multi-currency bank accounts at the Singapore and Hong Kong entities. Ensuring that the bank accounts are sufficiently funded to meet daily obligations.
- FX Exposure Management: Managing short-term Foreign Exchange (FX) exposure at the Singapore and Hong Kong entities, daily. Ensuring that open FX positions are hedged by end of the day.
- FX Dealing: Attending to FX conversion requests from ISC, ESC and Institutional Dealers in Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Interest Rate Optimisation: Optimising interest returns on approximately more than SGD 1 bio equivalent of Trust monies via investments with counterparty banks, within the deposit limits stipulated by Financial Institutions Group.
- Daily checks: Checking of FX reports daily to ensure that FX rates used by dealers for client's trades with FX conversion are correct. Investigate any discrepancies. Checking of bank accounts daily for any Overdrafts (OD) in the accounts. Investigate causes of any ODs in the bank accounts.
- Documentations: Processing Bank Account Opening, Credit facility, FX facility or ISDA documentations with counterparty banks. Collaborate with in-house Legal on clearing the terms and conditions of the documents. Attending to request from counterparty banks on documentions for the purpose of KYC. (eg. FATCA and CRS documents)
- Treasury Deals: Collaborate with internal partners in Operations to ensure that Treasury deals are processed timely and accurately.
- Structural FX: Managing the Holding company Structural FX Exposure and working closely with Group Corporate Treasury in DBS Bank in aligning with DBS Group's hedging strategy.
- Business Continuity Management: Planning for and fine-tuning business contingencies to minimise disruptions to the department's functions.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 1 - 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Knowledge or work experience in financial products like Money Market (Loans, Deposits and Fixed Income) and FX (FX Spot, FX Swaps and FX Forwards)
- Analytical and have a problem solving mindset; able to think out-of-the-box to identify risk gaps, process gaps and effective solutions or remediation plans.
- Highly meticulous, comfortable and careful in dealing with large numbers and small numbers. Quick mental calculation is a requirement on the job.
- Strong PC skills; candidates with Advanced MS Excel skills will have an advantage.
- Excellent collaborator with internal and external partners across various departments and different levels of seniority.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator of English, team player, proactive and is naturally inquisitive.
- Able to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements