- Permanent, Full time
- GIC Private Limited
- 15 Mar 19
We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Enterprise Tax team as a Tax Associate.
• Monitor Tax landscape changes and update the business on changes in global and domestic tax landscapes affecting GIC’s business;
• Support with tax compliance process and operations work including the preparation, computation and submission of Indirect Tax returns (e.g. Withholding Tax and GST/VAT) to ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations;
• Manage indirect tax filing process, working with external tax agents, where indirect tax compliance is outsourced;
• To work with internal stakeholders as needed to ensure timely and accurate filings of indirect tax compliance & reporting;
• Support internal tax advisory on indirect tax matters e.g. GST, withholding tax etc;
• Support implementation of Enterprise tax initiatives/ tax technology projects;
• Manage implementation/monitoring of tax policies, guidelines, processes, and procedures;
• Be part of a team in pursuing technology and continuous process improvement;
• Actively participate in process improvements that create efficiencies and support capability to business needs;
• Work on robotic process automation efforts to streamline systematic processes.
• A good degree/diploma in Accountancy, Finance or Banking, with at least 4 years of relevant work experience in indirect tax compliance. Ideally, the candidate should have some cross-border tax experience
• An interest in technology and data manipulation. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and keen interest in / stays abreast of emerging technologies and business intelligence tools: ◦Data analysis, charting and visualization skills
◦ Automation software
• Knowledge of building dashboards and using visualization tools like Tableau is an advantage
• Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to manage assigned tasks independently and positively, very strong project management and organizational abilities
• Strong eye for details and enjoys analytical work
• High degree of self-motivation, is results oriented and enjoys working in a fast-paced work environment