About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
In your role you are expected to be:
- Involved in intensive, project based and diversified strategy work - guided by Associate Directors and Directors in the team
- Taking ownership of pieces of projects, designing and conducting analyses, doing secondary research, synthesising conclusions, making presentations
- Taking an active role in identifying key issues, problem solving, structuring work plans, and forming hypotheses
- Contributing to team initiatives
Your level of responsibility will be determined by demonstrated skills and limited only by your ability and potential. Our Ideal Candidate
The ideal profile would combine relevant skill sets with financial services knowledge or a 'consulting toolkit' (preferably from a top consulting firm) acquired through working experience, with an analytical nature, and a naturally inquisitive character and intellectually curious mind-set.
In an ideal candidate, we look for:
- Highly motivated individuals with outstanding academic credentials and professional accomplishments
- At least 2 years of work experience in an analytical role, preferably in Asia or other emerging markets
- Should possess key skills such as financial analysis and modelling skills, ability to handle tight deadlines and delivering under pressure, excellent communication and presentation skills
- We place high value on relevant personal qualities including: professionalism, resourcefulness, teamwork, tenacity, independence, energy, self-confidence, and a desire to deliver impact
- Advantageous (though not critical) to have consulting experience, knowledge of banking in Asia and Emerging Markets, capabilities in one or more Asian language(s)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.