Risk Management Division - Risk Management Department
Overview of Division/Department
Risk Management Department (RMD Singapore) is the treasury middle office and it is responsible for functioning as an independent check with respect to treasury activities undertaken by Asia Oceania Treasury Department (AOTD). As AOTD is a funding hub of Asia Oceania region, RMD Singapore also acts as a regional risk monitoring hub and monitors the regional Treasury's activity and limit compliance as well. In addition to risk monitoring, we also provide various support to regional treasury middle offices such as enhancement of risk monitoring framework, system development, skill & knowledge enhancement by providing training to regional staffs. Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities Your key roles & responsibilities include:
Job Requirements What you should have:
- Handle tasks directly related to risk management including but not limited to VaR, P/L and position computation, administration and compliance in market and liquidity risk management.This includes day-to-day system operation and daily report generation.
- Assume responsibility for the market and liquidity risk management function of all treasury-related activities. This includes methodology research and review in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our risk management and reporting function.
- Conduct of tests related to risk management functions including but not restricted to back-testing and stress testing.
- Work closely with IT department to upgrade system and the level of automation, including where appropriate, direct participation in the development of the program.
- Inform management of any irregularities in the activities of dealers.
- Liaison with Head Office and other bodies on all technical matters pertaining to risk management; including the transmission of data and other information for Head Office reporting purposes.
- Contacting brokers or other banks for the purpose of obtaining rates or market information for risk management purposes
- Support other offices in the region regarding market and liquidity risk management.
- A Bachelor Degree with at least two to three years of relevant experience in a corporate or commercial banking environment.
- Quants skill and IT knowledge preferred.
- Good knowledge of financial products including pricing model methodology and ability to understand pricing models and risk models used in HO.