Associate Product / UX Designer
The Junior Designer is a developing professional role which integrates in-depth specialty knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices; demonstrates good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with lead designers, product managers, engineers, and other teammates to create: product landing pages, materials for online and offline marketing (including emails, display banners, social media, print), video assets, illustrations, and photography for content marketing.
- Create compelling visual experiences optimized for users.
- Assist in solving complex visual problems, and provide creative assistance to internal stakeholders.
- Translate highly technical concepts into interactive design, illustrations, and infographics, maintaining visual excellence across all user touchpoints.
- Execute tools, templates, processes and style guides to ensure brand consistency while championing design within our organization.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
The Associate Product / UX designer is a partner in our user experience design teams. These teams are at the heart of everything we do. You'll be tasked with creating user flows that delight people and meet business goals. That means working closely with producers, journey owners and senior designers to digeste complex information about products and services. And then make them understandable to real humans like you and us. This role is fully focused on solving problems, so it requires lots of empathy, inventiveness, drive and grit. Our wish list for the ideal Candidate (that would be you):
- At least 2 years of experience in designing rich interactive brand, campaign or ecommerce user experiences that drive results
- Bachelors Degree in Liberal Arts, Business, Communications, Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Interaction Design, Psychology or a related field
- Design background a plus, but your focus is on the user flow more than the UI
- Develop flows with creativity while contributing to and making use of a standardized design system
- Basic knowledge of mobile platforms and digital technologies
- Basic understanding of psychology and behavioral science
- Awareness of Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with identifying customer, cultural and competitive insights
- A passion for observing human behavior, cultural trends, and emerging technology
- Understanding that you are neither the user nor the system and a natural desire to discover every angle of and point of view to a given scenario
- Unquenchable curiosity and problem-solving mentality with a strong desire to make the complex clear
- Ability to quickly visualize flows and strong verbal communication skills to discuss these immediately and get the most out of review meetings
- Tenacity to turn these rough visualizations into more reflected wireframes and continuously improve upon them
- You embrace and constantly spot new UX trends, actively share these with the team and use them to explore better solutions
- Ability and desire to keep challenging yourself and others
- Collaborative working style: Open, honest and direct in your approach to feedback and asking for assistance at every stage of a project
- You desire the optimal solution and you push for it any minute of any day, but you know about this thing called reality, which sometimes requires finding the best possible solution within constraints
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .