Associate, Network Programmer, Technology Services, Technology & Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 12 Dec 17 2017-12-12
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Assist network team in achieving automation initiatives in areas such as network provisioning and monitoring.
- Code, test and trouble shoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Refine data and format final product.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic and coding changes.
- Test and develop programming modifications.
- Write new program code using prescribed specifications.
- Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs.
- Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Analyse server and microcomputer based software solutions compatibility with company requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Understand and Integrate with system API
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum with at least 4 years of programming experience.
- Familiar with programming standards and practices.
- Familiar with development in both Unix and Windows environment.
- Minimum Diploma in Information Technology or its equivalent
- Able to perform unix / linux scripting
- Experience in coding and customization for network management and monitoring products and/or platform like Nagios, Solarwinds etc.
- Understanding of network technologies and domain in LAN/WAN and across multiple products like Cisco and Arista.
- Handle day to day incidents related to the infrastructure services. This include participate in incident conference call and works with application teams and other infrastructure teams to recover services.
- Lead investigation and recovery actions in incident management calls.
- Lead and drive the root cause analysis for the such incidents
- Lead and provide technical expertise and leadership to infrastructure service support team.
- Proactively research and pick up in depth infrastructure technical knowledge that are relevant to the work
- Identify opportunities to improving operation manageability, efficiency and resilience of core systems
- Propose and implement improvement initiatives
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.