Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Legal & Business Admin.
Overview of Division/Department
Our Legal and Business Administration, a member of our Asia & Oceania Administration Department, consists of two teams- the Legal teamand the Business Administration team. The functions of the Legal team are to provide, in general, legal support to the bank in terms of any legal needs of the business lines. Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities
Role and responsibilities as Legal Counsel includes the following:
- Providing legal advice relating to credit facilities, banking products and any services provided by the Bank.
- Drafting and/or reviewing legal documentation (including templates).
- Liaising with, and reviewing documents drafted by external counsel, where necessary.
- Conducting legal training for Bank staff on legal issues.
- Working together with the Compliance teams to interpret new/revised laws and regulations.
- Providing updates to the business lines (where necessary) in respect of changes in applicable laws and regulations.
Additionally, all members in the Section are expected to:
- Ensure prompt escalation of issues and concerns to the Section Head, and support the Section Head in the timely reporting of the same to Management (as appropriate).
- Assist in the development, implementation, review and revision of the Legal Risk Management Policy and Internal Operation Procedures.
Job Requirements What you should have:
- Keep undated on Head Office and Internal Operation Procedures, Head Office Official Circulars, and regulatory laws and regulations.
- Undertake, participate and/or collaborate with other teams within or outside of the LBA section in ad-hoc projects.
- Participate in ad-hoc Bank initiatives or focus groups, as representative of the LBA Section or Legal team, as may be appropriate.
- (Where applicable) Participate in committees, taskforces, working groups, forums or dialogue sessions, as may be required or appropriate.
- Perform administrative work as may be necessary.
Join Mizuho Bank, Ltd., in Singapore, and be part of our expanding team, passionate to build the future together. "One MIZUHO: Building the future with you"
- At least a Bachelor of Law (LLB)
- PQE 5 - 7 years
- Strong knowledge of banking law (Corporate lawyer preferred)
- Good interpersonal and team player skills are attributes that will help the candidate perform successfully in this role