We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Public Markets
Investment Services Public Markets (ISPM) is an integrated team that provides investment service support for public market investment activities strategically and tactically. The team is responsible for business management functions for all public market investment strategy groups, as well as GIC's global trade operations, custody control and asset servicing such as income entitlements, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate events of our underlying investments, futures and derivative operations, collateral management, pricing and rates, market data and rebalancing operations. The coverage extends across a spectrum of products such as equities, bonds, money market, foreign exchange, futures, collateralized securities and other derivatives.
Investment Data Solutions & Analytics (IDSA) team works closely with the business functions to provide a spectrum of solutions covering automation, process enhancement, data visualization and data analytics. One of the key outcomes is to build and deploy End User Computing solutions for multiple operations teams within ISPM. The type of implementation is reflective of the business operations process/problem at hand and may vary from traditions automated script for data processing, fit for purpose web-based interfaces, to more sophisticated Machine Learning based solutions. The team is also responsible for Governance and enhancement of Central End User Computing Platform which host the solutions and microservices built.
We are looking forward for a technically competent and functionally knowledgeable individual to join our IDSA team as an Associate on a 2 years contract. Responsibilities
- Play a key role in enhancing digital capabilities for trade processing and data operations teams by achieving tangible outcomes in risk control, process efficiency and data quality
- Interact directly with business users to understand the challenges in their existing/new process, identify and propose optimization opportunities and build technical solutions to reduce manual effort/ risk for the ops team
- Partner with Technology groups for deployment and maintenance of the solutions build
- Work closely with other team members for enhancement of the Central End User Computing Platform.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in data engineering, software development and data visualization
- Functional exposure to asset management/asset servicing industry is highly desired
- Practitioner of Software Engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code review, source control management (Git and JIRA), build processes, testing and deployment.
- Hands-on development experience in Python using various Statistical, Data Visualization, Web based and Machine Learning libraries and packages
- Hands-on experience in database concepts, SQL, APIs