We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
GIC Private Equity
GIC is a global investment firm and has one of the largest and broadest private equity programmes amongst all institutions. GIC PE invests across the Americas, Europe and the Asia-Pacific in a range of sectors including healthcare, consumer, financial services, TMT, industrials, infrastructure, energy and natural resources. GIC PE also invests through private equity fund managers. GIC PE invests across the capital structure in equity, senior and junior debt, besides investing in secondary PE deals, restructuring & opportunistic credit and special situations. We currently have over 100 active relationships with fund managers and have invested directly in more than 1000 companies globally across multiple sectors.
The Global Investment, Strategy and Risk group (GISR)
is based in Singapore and plays a key role in helping the PE CIO and senior management evaluate investments, develop investment strategy, and define the role of PE within the broader GIC portfolio. The GISR team comprises a diversity of nationalities and backgrounds with prior experience in investment banking, consulting, operations and private equity investing.
We are looking for an Associate to join the team in a private credit-focused role. The incumbent will support Vice Presidents/ Senior Vice Presidents in the team in private credit and private equity/ infrastructure deal evaluation, portfolio work, and internal strategy projects. Responsibilities
- Deal evaluation : Develop an independent view of investment proposals, based on primary and desk research, and working with Vice Presidents/ Senior Vice Presidents. Highly developed skills in the areas of industry analysis, financial analysis, and writing are required.
- Portfolio work : Monitor progress of the overall portfolio as well as specific investments. Conduct data analysis and provide recommendations on portfolio actions.
- Strategy and Risk : Engage in special projects from time to time (examples - stress testing of portfolio returns; developing views on the investing environment; managing deal concentration or currency risks in the portfolio; etc.)
- Candidate should ideally have worked 2 - 4 years in either of the following:
- Private Equity or Private Debt investment firm
- Investment Banking, debt advisory or leveraged finance
- Strong technical skills - experienced in building financial models for valuations and financial returns analysis, and to compile and analyse portfolio data
- Positive work attitude, high energy individual with drive and initiative
- Able to work effectively across different groups
- Besides being a good team-player, candidates should also demonstrate maturity, integrity and possess the ability to interact with senior professionals
- Good presentation and writing skills