We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Public Markets
Investment Services Public Markets (ISPM) is an integrated investment service team that leverages data and emerging technologies to provide services for public market investment activities strategically and tactically. The team is responsible for business management functions for all public market investment strategy groups, as well as GIC's global trade operations, custody control and asset servicing such as income entitlements, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate events of our underlying investments, futures and derivative operations, collateral management, pricing and rates, market data and rebalancing operations. The coverage extends across a spectrum of products such as equities, bonds, money market, foreign exchange, futures, collateralized securities and other derivatives.
We are looking for an Associate to join our Fund Investment Services team to support Public Markets External Managers (Funds) Investments. The successful candidate will support funds investment strategies in delivering sustainable top quartile performance. The candidate will interact with people at all levels across the firm. He/She will also need to work closely with stakeholders in Singapore and New York, as well as counterparties and service providers across the globe. Responsibilities
- Providing investment execution services including setting up new strategies, portfolios and funds; supporting transition management, benchmark changes, funding and portfolio restructuring / rebalancing.
- Support fund administration services such as Performance Retu rns/NAV updates, managing capital activity and life cycle (subscriptions / redemptions / capital call)
- Monitoring of invested funds including investment guidelines, management/performance fees, contractual agreements
- Work closely with deal support team, to render timely and accurate deliveries in an efficient manner
- Work with other ISPM teams and relevant departments (including trading, risk, audit, legal and compliance) to drive process and system improvements and deployments.
- Degree in either business, finance, engineering, technology or related field with ideally 2-4 years of relevant work experience in the alternative investment fund industry, preferably hedge funds services or fund administrators
- Structured thinker and innovative problem solver
- Passion for excellence and an eye for detail.
- Ability to drive process and reporting improvements
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communications and analytical skills, who is keen to learn, support and contribute to the team's mandate.
- Driven self-starter, with strong initiative, who is hands-on and comfortable to manage multiple tasks, is confident to engage different stakeholders, and can work independently to deliver outcomes.
- Good working knowledge with MS Office, in particular MS Excel (e.g. proficiency with pivot tables) is a must.
- Working knowledge with data visualization requirements and tools such as Tableau would be highly preferred.