- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 22 Apr 18
Associate, Financial Crime Governance & Advisory
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. With more than 86,000 employees in 68 countries, and a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets, Standard Chartered is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India. See our history We have an opportunity for Associate, Financial Crime Governance & Advisory
This role supports the Governance and Control Lead, Group Banks and Broker Dealers in managing critical control monitoring processeses related to the Correspondent Banking Business. This role requires proactive engagement with group, regional and country functions within Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) including Relationship Managers, Transaction Banking and Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage core controls processes including on-boarding of Correspondent Banking clients and related CDD/AML reviews
- Review and identify Clients transactional products and activities and ensure that this is in line with the Group's global policies
- Collaborate with Relation Manager teams to review client transactional activities and documentation of assessment
- Review appropriateness of rules grid pertaining to financial products, and SWIFT analytics, transactions and messaging to identify corresponding banking transactions messaging type
- Work with project teams to validate information and data where required.
- Lead on MIS reporting on processes managed to key stakeholders and governance committees
- Escalate issues to the Line Manager and discuss potential solutions to resolve challenges.
- Proactively engage stakeholders within the Corporate & Institutional Banking business - Relationship Managers, Transaction Banking Sales and FCC functions
Qualifications and Skills
- Sound knowledge on financial market products, correspondent banking, and SWIFT transactions and messaging
- Basic knowledge of data analytics techniques and tools
- Knowledge of CDD/KYC/AML requirements for correspondent banking
- Minimum 3-6 years experience in similar capacity
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- A team player comfortable in engaging stakeholders across all levels in the organisation
- Ability to prioritise and deliver high quality work within stipulated timeline
- Self motivated individual who is willing to take on responsibilities and acquire new skills
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now!