This role will primarily be responsible for the Branch’s (1) Payments & claims processing operations, supporting the Financial Controller to ensure the Branch’s expenses are recorded appropriately and timely by relevant teams, and (2) Systems and Nostro accounts reconciliations The role is expected to be versatile and meticulous in performing payments computation, keeping proper records and process documentation, and able to follow through the operational and process controls and interact with relevant stakeholders professionally. The role also supports general administration functions including documentation and records maintenance, reporting preparation, and other operations and administrative support including cross-department data liaison and maintenance.
Payments and Claims Processing Operations
- Responsible for the branch’s payments and claims processing operations.
- Ensure all payments and claims are processed on timely basis in line with the standard procedure, cut-off and threshold discipline.
- Prepare and perform journal posting into the core system to record all expenses accurately and on a timely manner.
- Perform analytical review to identify abnormal payments trend as part of overall controls on the payments and claims processing operation.
GST Payments and Filing
- Prepare with clear and accurate computation workings for the quarterly GST submission.
- Ensure GST filing and GST payments are made timely and accurately.
- Prepare and perform journal posting into the core system to record GST accurately and on a timely manner.
System and Nostro Reconciliation
- Perform review of daily T24 reports, IS.CATEG entries, Nostro reconciliations, inter-company accounts reconciliations and prepare journal entries for upload into T24.
- Ensure proper documentation of reconciliation evidence.
- Record any reconciliation breaks and follow up with relevant stakeholder’s to ensure proper documentation of investigation outcomes.
- Assist the Financial Controller in performing Finance’s policies and procedure documentation and records maintenance, related to expense and payments processing.
- Ensure proper maintenance and control over the data in General Ledger (“GL”) including AOV (Accounts Ownership Verification) using the PVR system and KRI (Key Risk Indicator) submissions.
- Prepare month-end journals and perform posting
- Prepare HO month-end reporting
- Support other regular & repeatable / ad hoc reporting requirements and coordination within the Finance function.
Qualifications & Experience:
Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Commerce or professional qualification,
- At least 5 years of working experience in a similar capacity
- Experience in reporting preparation and trend analysis
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Meticulous, good analytical skills with an eye for details
- Good interpersonal skill and ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage daily workflow
- Ability to work independently & is self-motivated
- An independent self-starter who is able to thrive in a fast pace and changing environment
- Committed team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills