- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 21 Nov 17
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
To support the Global Banking Transaction Managers across ASEAN with the structuring, execution and monitoring of relevant Lending transactions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Maximise client revenue and return without prejudice to the Bank's Conduct Principle of Fair Outcomes for Clients
* Be jointly responsible to achieve the quantitative and qualitative performance objectives set for the Lending team
* Prepare financial models to support the structuring and analysis of relevant transactions (as required for each transaction)
* Preparation and presentation of deal economics, information memoranda, pitch books, presentations, prospectuses, deal summary sheets and other forms of reports as applicable under the supervision of the Transaction Manager Team Lead
* Liaise with CRC and Product Control to resolve any issues related to relevant Lending transactions
* Engage with clients to negotiate, execute or monitor relevant Lending transactions (as required by the Client's Relationship Managers)
* Ensure that all relevant transactions are compliant with the relevant Country Underwriting Standards, Portfolio Standards and Product Programs (including Country Addendums)
* Work proactively with various stakeholders such as Relationship Managers, Risk, Legal, Finance, etc. to develop and deliver a Transaction Close Plan (including identification and tracking of key milestones as well as anticipating potential issues and mitigating or correction actions required)
* Contribute to applicable Transaction Approval applications which may be required, such as the approvals for Global/Regional Capital Allocation Forum, Non-presence Countries, Country Risk Limit Allocation, Underwriting/Portfolio Standards or PPG Deviations, etc
* Proactively identify potential risks or issues which are affecting or may affect the portfolio of relevant Lending transactions
* Contribute to Business Credit Applications (relevant sections) on matters relating to the relevant Lending transactions (such as transaction analysis, setting transaction terms and conditions or covenant as well as Credit Risk analysis related to the transaction)
* Maintain, manage and monitor the covenants, undertakings and risk triggers of lending facilities and establish/maintain a good control environment related to lending facilities
* Take ownership of documentation execution for relevant transactions with regard to ensuring that all approved or required terms and conditions are correctly reflected in the transaction documentation and all relevant approvals are recorded and stored appropriately
* Ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures in relation to booking, monitoring and reporting of relevant Lending transactions
Regulatory and Conduct
* Prepare or contribute to representations to Audit and Regulators with regard to the relevant Lending transactions
* Maintain a functional understanding of Internal policies and external regulatory changes that may affect the Transaction Manager role or the portfolio of relevant Lending transactions
* Embed the Group's Values and Code of Conduct in all matters ensuring adherence to the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations
* Actively seek to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; and The Right Environment
Qualifications and Skills
* Degree qualified with at least 3-4 year of relevant experience.
* Strong understanding of lending products with prior experience in credit analysis.
* Excellent analytical skills, with proven ability to interpret, analyse and present information
* Knowledge and understanding of loan documentation
* Ability to create, to assess and to test financial models for projects and companies, incl. applicable knowledge of the relevant international accounting rules.
* Ability to communicate and present effectively at all levels;
* Knowledge of the key ASEAN markets will be considered an advantage
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 14/12/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.