We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Public Markets
Investment Services Public Markets, or ISPM, is an integrated team that provides investment service support for public market investment activities strategically and tactically. The team is responsible for business management functions for all public market investment strategy groups, as well as GIC's global trade operations, custody control and asset servicing such as income entitlements, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate events of our underlying investments, futures and derivative operations, collateral management, pricing and rates, market data and rebalancing operations. The coverage extends across a spectrum of products such as equities, bonds, money market, foreign exchange, futures, collateralized securities and other derivatives.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Equities Operations team as an Associate (1 year contract). The Equities Operations team covers Trade, Corporate Actions and Proxy Operations for the Equities Asset Class.
The successful candidate shall work primarily in the Trade Operations team. We continuously seek for areas to improve upon so as to achieve higher efficiency and reduced operational risk. Responsibilities
- Support the business in the trading activities of Equities asset classes.
- Perform trade processing of various Equities instruments, including: Cash Equities, Exchange-traded Futures & Options, OTC Swaps and Options
- Perform transaction processing for Hedge Funds, Discretionary Mandates and Payments
- Ensure prompt receipt and matching of trade confirmations;
- Ensure timely settlement for all trades across the global markets. This includes ensuring sufficient funding and meeting both the internal and custodian banks' cut-off times.
- Ensure prompt follow up on trade matching, trade confirmation, settlement, and other operational matters
- Assessment for implementation of new products and markets for investment by portfolio managers.
- Work with external counterparties, brokers and service providers to resolve operational issues, and be able to assess their service levels. Ensure service level is met for all services.
- Work with external vendors (brokers, counterparties, clearers, custodian banks, industry groups) to keep track of market developments.
- Drive process improvements for productivity and quality enhancements; design solutions to integrate into processes
- Participate in system enhancement UAT and continuous process improvements.
- Leverage on technological/automation tools coupled with strong understanding of business needs, in order to streamline work processes.
- Participate in cross-team collaboration through projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- At least 2 year of working experience in Operations.
- Inquisitive and curious, detail-oriented, strong analytical ability, excellent communication skills and possess a drive for excellence.
- Constantly keep up-to-date with industry developments, resourceful. Able to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
- A good team player, collaborates well with internal and external counterparts, self-motivated and enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
- Some experience interacting with investment professionals and traders is an added advantage, but not a pre-requisite.