Associate Engineer, Radio Network Performance
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
This role will be responsible for Outdoor Radio Planning with objective to enhance mobile coverage and capacity for Singtel Mobile's 3G, 4G, 5G cellular networks and future wireless networks. There will be exposure to the latest 5G technology and development. Responsibilities:
The Ideal candidate should have/be:
- lan new outdoor cellular sites and review existing network, to enhance mobile coverage and/or capacity.
- Conduct site survey and design for new 3G, 4G and 5G outdoor sites together with the project implementation team.
- Evaluate and review RF Design and technical Proposal for 3G, 4G and 5G outdoor sites from vendor and contractors.
- Prepare Cell Data configuration
- Conduct 3G, 4G and 5G Drive test for new on air site, coverage benchmarking for justification of new sites, IMDA benchmarking drive plots analysis and troubleshooting, and IMDA QOS Support.
- Work closely with HDB and HDB project consultants for new HDB cluster mobile coverage planning.
- Conduct various new hardware and component trials before massive deployment in the live network.
- Perform minor building work if optimization and enhancement require.
- Support special project task force such as coverage simulation.
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Diploma in Telecommunications or equivalent with an accredited institution
- Class 3 driving licence is compulsory
- Strong knowledge of the Outdoor RF design, UMTS, LTE and/or 5G radio technology will be an added advantage.
- Well verse in Microsoft Office, writing macro in MS Excel and queries in MS Access as well as Business Objects would be preferred.
- Self-motivated, having good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skill and ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.