Associate Engineer, Headend
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020 Key Responsibilities:
The Ideal candidate should possess:
- Service monitoring(attending to alarms and CTTS Trouble Tickets) and Service recovery for SingtelTV, TV GO, Optus and Bizmio (recover on-air outages caused by Singtel and work with Content Providers on their recovery).
- Service Resolution for recovered issues and normalize service. Escalate problematic issues to Headend Support.
- Operate equipment such as compression equipment, audio processors, audio shufflers, character generators, playout servers and other broadcast related equipment to support Singtel TV, Singtel TV GO & Bizmio services.
- Event Management competency including more in-depth troubleshooting using debugger, probes, scripts, syslogs, etc. liaison with Planners, vendors parties for fault diagnosis & escalation.
- Perform recording extraction for Singtel Ad Sales and other required parties.
- Create and Maintain SOP.
- Diploma in Electronics
- 3 years of related working experience
- Knowledge in networking and broadcast related equipments(MediaKind and Harmonic encoders, various brands and models of decoders, video routers, audio processor and other broadcast related equipments).
- Understand autocad drawings and able to use MS Visio.
- Audio Knowledge in mono, stereo, dual mono, DOlby Digital (DD), DD+, DD E, DD Atmos etc.
- Knowledge in operating satellite downlink equipment, satellite frequency, carrier characteristics, OTT systems and transcoders.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.