- Technical expert in one or more technologies.
- Member of Tier 2 Incident Management team. (incident management, incident review and root cause analysis)
- Receiving and resolving complex issues and meeting customer needs.
- Work with customers from around the world.
- Required to perform 24x7 shift duties and with occasional standby for ad-hoc activities.
- Continually learn about in-depth networking issues and strive to achieve excellence
- Liaise and coordinate with SingTel Business Units and Overseas Telco on service level maintenance.
- Liaise with vendors to troubleshoot Customer Premise Equipment such as routers and switches (Cisco & Juniper).
- Technical escalation point Global Corporate Customers, internal operations staff and SingTel Global Office on service maintenance.
- Escalate to Tier 3 for any new issues and issues without known solutions.
- Degree in Telecommunication or Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Diploma with relevant experience.
- Good team player with excellent communications skills.
- Need to possess good attitude towards understanding customer requirement and understanding the issues clearly.
- Must be customer oriented and be able to handle difficult situations.
- Expertise in IP Routing protocols such as BGP/OSPF/ISIS etc.
- Expertise in MPLS and WAN & Ethernet technologies.
- Expertise in QoS and Traffic Engineering.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in the IT/Telco industry supporting ISP/Large Enterprise
- Possess industry standard certifications such as CCNP/CCIP/JNCIP/JNCIS
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and methodologies. Good to have ITILv3 certification.
- Hands on expertise in Juniper, Cisco routers and switches.