Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020 Key Responsibilities:
- Pre-Sales activities such as bid quotations, routing proposals and proposal discussions.
- Project Planning (inclusive of site survey) for pipeline and cable (copper & optical fibre ) network projects:
- Top Up of Outside Plant Infrastructure, provision of new circuit , relocation of existing circuits and circuit migration.
- Upgrading of existing pipeline and cable network.
- Diversion of existing network including pipeline, cables.
The Ideal candidate should possess:
- Liaise with Internal Departments , Architects, Engineering Consultants, Building Developers and relevant Authorities/Service Departments (Government and Statutory Boards) regarding provision of pipeline and cable project, implementation of new circuit, relocation of existing services, upgrade of existing pipeline and cable network and circuit migration.
- Carry out site surveys.
- Project managed all implementation and fault restoration by providing regular updates to immediate supervisor, customers and Account / Service Manager.
- Update relevant team to ensure that data system to avoid record discrepancies when rectification is done
- Manage and control budget expenditure and ensure vendor are paid regularly after job done.
- Maintain and execute BCP (Business Continuity Planning) for service outage of dark fiber services
- Preparation of monthly activity report on work progress
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
- Diploma in Engineering, preferably in Telecommunication, Info-communications Technology or its equivalent.
- At least 1 year experience in the Telecommunications industry preferably in NMS and command centre.
- Willing to work non-office hours on an occasional basis and be on 24 x 7 hours standby alert for ad-hoc faults
- Those with class 3 driving license will have an added advantage
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.