Associate Director, Transformation Capabilities
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
The role holder is accountable for supporting the CPBB Enterprise Agility strategic agenda by driving methodology, building capabilities, planning and design standards across CPBB. This includes embedding the culture of continuous improvement and Agile principles across the organization through training and communications.
This role entails developing and maintaining close working relationships with the relevant CPBB business units and functions, aligning the organisation to Business Strategy, Client Journey roadmap and Technology roadmap, with the following responsibilities:
Functional & Business Alignment
- Deliver training and coaching to CPBB teams to adopt culture change and best practices, including but not limited to Agile, Dynamic Work Design and Human Centred Design
- Encourage the habit of continuous improvement in the various teams as end-to-end client journeys are redesigned
- Work on capability building initiatives (people, processes, and tools) and special transformation projects to continue scaling the enterprise agility ways of working
- Act as the conduit and champion for continuous improvement initiatives for CPBB, through coaching, supporting and training the relevant CPBB teams
- Align with Group's Transformation Office and implement the rollout of A3 improvement initiative to ensure the habit of continuous improvement is embedded across CPBB
- Work closely with Business, COO, and Technology to implement the transition of CPBB to client journey-based approach.
- Drive implementation of tools to drive continuous improvements and efficiencies in the client journey redesign process, enabling the successful end-to-end delivery of the client journey roadmaps to become truly agile, in collaboration with CPBB client journey teams, Business partners and T&I
- Implement the Group-designed end-to-end metrics / performance management framework covering the tools, platforms, and delivery mechanisms for targeted impact consistent with client journeys, thereby delivering the Bank's/client groups' strategic priorities.
- Embed and initiate new ways of working - driving a change mindset locally, building capability on Agile ways of working, digital delivery, through applicable improvement frameworks
- Able to develop communication and change management plans to scale up the continuous improvement agenda, aligning to that of Group's Transformation office
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Maintain strong stakeholder engagement with Group's Transformation Office, HR, Business, T&I, Risk & Compliance to ensure alignment across stakeholder groups to support the Transformation agenda
- Ensure appropriate representation across the stakeholder groups in delivery forums.
- Escalate appropriately to ensure COO and other stakeholders are updated and able to intervene as required.
People and Talent
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Champion and act as a role model of the Group's values and culture in the region
- Lead and support a change in mindset, building a culture of client centricity, agility, and accountability through standardised metrics and measurement, ensuring everyone in Operations are drivers and owners of client outcomes.
- Set effective metrics and standards, transparently communicating them to team members, providing feedback and rewarding employees accordingly. Set the appropriate tone and expectations for the wider team.
- Employ, engage, and retain high performance people, to maximise the success of design and delivery with succession planning for critical roles.
- Ensure team structure/capacity is reviewed to enable delivery of client outcomes.
- Ensure the provision of on-going training & development, ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risk.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Transformation office - especially Heads/Leads of Strategy and Transformation; Transformation Capabilities; Transformation Management and Continuous Improvement / Operational Excellence
- Regional and Country COOs
- COO Journey Heads and Regional COOs
- Functional Partners including T&I, Risk, Compliance, HR, Finance, Legal, Audit, etc.
- 4+ years of Banking experience
- Understanding of New Ways of Working (Agile, human centred design, design thinking etc)
- Strong communication and engagement skills
- Problem solving skills
- Stakeholder management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.