- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 05 Dec 17
Associate Director, Compliance, Controls, Financial Markets
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The role will be in the FM Compliance team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be required to undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
- To support FM Compliance to implement a Controls review process across the Financial Markets (FM) businesses to provide challenge and oversight of the risks, in-depth coverage across the material risks in line and as articulated in the Bank's Operational Risk framework.
- To participate to the ongoing work within the Bank to identify and implement the requirements for the FM business to be in compliance with its regulatory requirements.
- To act as a subject matter expert and advise on relevant regulatory requirements and expectations, review and develop relevant policies and procedures to address them, and develop and implement training programmes as required.
- To drive changes within the FM business to enhance governance frameworks, policies, processes and controls to minimize compliance and regulatory risk. This includes designing and reviewing controls under the Operational Risk Framework.
- To design and coordinate the execution of assurance reviews to test whether enhancements are adequately embedded and that Front line controls adequately cover Conduct Risks within the business.
- To build and maintain an effective and constructive relationship with all key business and functional stakeholders Including the ability to provide robust challenge to senior management and relevant business stakeholders.
Qualifications and Skills
The candidate is expected to have:-
- Strong technical knowledge of Financial Markets products, activities and associated regulatory requirements, and sound understanding of risks and control frameworks.
- The ability to analyse regulations and their applications, and a strong appreciation of the importance of proper standards of conduct within banking.
- The ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders in various functions and countries, including but not limited to Sales & Trading, Legal & Compliance, Regulatory Reform, IT and Operations, Project Management and the COO Office. This should include the ability to interact with a broad range of stakeholders, to ensure the requirements are understood, their impact on the business analysed and delivered through to implementation, including the control framework.
- The ability to work independently and within a team. The candidate should have a desire to deliver results, be self-motivated and self-reliant with a genuine desire to get things done.
- Excellent written English with a proven track record of drafting business and functional requirements documentation.
- Strong MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint skills would be an advantage.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.