- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 22 Apr 18
Associate Director, Compliance Assurance, ASA
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Strategy * The Associate Director, Compliance Assurance will execute risk based Compliance Reviews under the guidance of the Head of Compliance Assurance, ASA; and support the development and enhancement of the Compliance Review Program to provide second line assurance of external rules and regulations, regulatory reform initiatives, and internal Compliance Policy & Procedure requirements.
- Collaborate and support the Head of team and colleagues in on-going development of compliance review plan;
- Proactive identification of regulatory compliance risk, to feed into periodic review of the annual plan
- Timely and efficient delivery of risk-based compliance reviews and reports, focused on areas of elevated regulatory risk based on a formal assessment, analysis or management direction to the standards set out in the compliance assurance methodology. This includes delivery of the key phases of compliance assurance work: Planning, Fieldwork and Reporting evidenced by detailed work-papers and reporting. Design and Operating Effectiveness assessed through adequate levels of sampling.
- Drive forward excellence in execution of the compliance review plan and supporting activities, identifying opportunities to enhance the programme where possible
- Manage issue tracking and plan status; perform robust validation; and act as liaison with Group to ensure that reports and findings are reported timely and accurately for Management Reporting
- Tracking findings and actions from compliance reviews through to verification and closure, ensuring that where appropriate these are escalated in an appropriate and timely fashion.
People and Talent
- Significant engagement with a range of stakeholders within the business and the functions across Europe
- Take responsibility for own personal development and training in line with the Banks principles and guidelines.
- Ensure all mandatory training is completed on time.
- Contribute to development and production of suite of management information for senior stakeholders, including KPIs, KRIs and trending
- Ensure all reviews undertaken are delivered to the required methodology and to the required standards.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for supporting the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements across Hong Kong and GCNA, including recent regulatory reform
- Previous review or assurance experience with minimum of 2-5 years (compliance or audit reviews, operational risk reviews or testing, risk management)
- Strong analytical skills, and confidence in interrogating data, processes and interviewing stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - ability to present complex information clearly & concisely
- Highly organised individual, with ability to multi-task. Driven to ensure that activities are completed to a high standard and to schedule.
- Proactive and creative approach to work, self motivated and pragmatic. Takes responsibility and accountability for own tasks.