Associate Director, Capital Market Sales, Commercial Banking
- Mar 16, 2021
Great Opportunity within a Financial Market Sales Team
The position involves the coverage of Capital Markets buying centres at Financial Institutions across APAC clients on the full range of products, acting as a conduit between Asia FI RMs, Product Partners, Client Services, Risk partners, and other business stakeholders.
- Worked with the Asia FI RMs build & maintain relationships with Capital Markets buying centres at Asian FI clients, identifying client needs, delivering appropriate products and services that are aligned with the bank's key product strengths.
- Work closely with Capital Markets product areas and FI Sector/Industry teams and heads to identify new business opportunities and directly market products.
- Work with product partners and Asia FI RMs to develop marketing materials tailored to Asian clients needs and local regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Coordinate all new issue pipeline with syndicate and FI clients in the region
- Work with traders to understand their strategy, objectives and axes and build a client strategy that is aligned with the bank's wider objectives.
- Liaison with various internal partners/stakeholders, including, but not limited to: FI credit, product areas, client asset management, operational teams, Asia branch colleagues, credit risk committees, and product committees etc.
- Generate revenues from the full range of Capital Markets products with an initial focus on Govt Bonds, repos, stock-lending and new issues.
- Working with the Asia FI RMs, control functions and internal stakeholders, handle negotiations for all transaction related client documentation.
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 'Self-starter', able to source business opportunities with target market clients and product set
- Managing client relationships - experienced in and ability to establish and maintain client relationships, aiming to procure new business in line with agreed business plans
- Team player - ability to partner internally with key stakeholders in a collaborative manner is essential to the success of this role
- Delivering results- evidence of origination and execution experience of at least 3-5 years in either a Markets trading or sales role.
- Understanding of products and services offered across capital markets with a background in Govt Bonds, Repos, stocklending, etc preferred.
- Good understanding of credit risk, regulatory and compliance requirements
- Good basic understanding of Markets related client documentation and related terms and key clauses.
- Singapore Markets regulatory exams desirable but not essential (eg FMRP)
- Good basic understanding of banking (eg Basle III) and insurance regulations desirable but not essential
- Existing relationships with Capital markets buying centres with Asian FIs desirable but not essential
Please reach out to Jerry Lim at 92333383 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
EA Licence No : 11C5502
Registration No : R1872371