We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Internal Audit Department (IAD)
Internal Audit Department (IAD) has been tasked with the mandate to foster a strong governance and control environment in GIC. IAD provides an independent assessment of GIC's governance, risk management and internal control environment to key stakeholders including the Board of Directors and senior management. IAD acts as a trusted business partner working closely with the GIC group of companies and investment holding entities to bring about positive changes to the control environment and culture and thereby support senior management decision making.
IAD has leveraged data science to achieve greater risk coverage, stronger assurance and deeper business insight. Our data science capabilities include machine learning for anomaly detection and risk identification, the use of Natural Language Processing (NLP) to analyse unstructured data, and proficiency in Big Data platforms for efficient analysis of vast datasets. These capabilities have allowed IAD to progress towards a systematic, continuous audit approach with multi-dimensional analysis of complete data sets. With the strategy of integrating data science as a key IAD competency, existing talent are also equipped with new skillsets around the use of data analytics, programming languages and visualization tools.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our data analytics team as an Associate, Data Scientist, you will report directly to our Principal Data Scientist and be part of a dynamic team with combination of 6 data scientists and analysts. Responsibilities
- Analyse heterogeneous and unstructured data and generate actionable insights to enhance risk and control activities.
- Develop custom data pipelines and machine learning models to analyze structured and unstructured data, and generate actionable insights to enhance risk and control activities
- Work on Big Data infrastructure such as Snowflake to efficiently search data on very large datasets.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to analyse large data sets, trends and results to drive data-driven operational risk decisions.
- Collaborate with an existing internal community of data scientists to solve complex problems and influence change.
- Keep abreast of market developments in data analytics and recommend adoption of best practices into GIC.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant quantitative fields.
- With 1 to 3 years of experience in creating and using machine learning algorithms, building statistical models, manipulating data sets and end-to-end process from ETL, modelling to result validation.
- Experience in processing data in SQL databases and big data platforms.
- Good understanding with NLP, anomaly detection, and other common machine learning techniques.
- Highly proficient in Python and working experience with Python based data workflows.
- Familiarity with open sourced platforms and libraries such as Spark, Docker, Airflow, Pytorch.
- Knowledge of dashboard creation and visualisation using Tableau will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and organization skills, with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Sel-motivated and driven, able to work independently on technical projects.