We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Public Markets
Investment Services Public Markets, or ISPM, is an integrated team that provides investment service support for public market investment activities strategically and tactically. The team is responsible for business management functions for all public market investment strategy groups, as well as GIC's global trade operations, custody control and asset servicing such as income entitlements, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate events of our underlying investments, futures and derivative operations, collateral management, pricing and rates, market data and rebalancing operations. The coverage extends across a spectrum of products such as equities, bonds, money market, foreign exchange, futures, collateralized securities and other derivatives.
We are looking for suitable candidates for an Associate position in Data Operations (2 years contract). The role will be primarily responsible for:
- Processing external market data and transforming the data into a golden reference
- Performing static settlement instructions setup
- Providing independent, timely and high quality data services to internal business users
This facilitates a wide range of other activities including trading, settlement, security valuation, portfolio performance measurement and reporting, regulatory compliance & risk monitoring and collateral management. Responsibilities
- Performing data operations for reference and static data.
- Investigate and resolve data exceptions and data quality issues independently in timely and efficient manner and proactively documenting and sharing with team on the learning for future references.
- Handle operational and non-routine queries/request from business users in a professional and timely manner.
- Participate in the review and adaptation/improvement to existing processes and workflows within Division to achieve higher effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establish good rapport and engagement with business users and internal/external stakeholders to better anticipate and address their needs.
- Good degree or equivalent in Business, Finance or Accountancy.
- Preferably at least 2 years of relevant working experience in fund management or banking industry or data management industry.
- Possess good knowledge of financial instruments and markets.
- Experience with static settlement instructions setup/SWIFT will be a plus.
- Experience with data providers such as Bloomberg, Refintiv, Markit and others would be preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, VBA and SQL.
- Passion for data
- Self-starter who is keen to learn and with strong learning agility.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal, communication skills and time management skills.
- Meticulous with attention to detail.