Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Data Management Section
Overview of Division/Department
Data Management Section (DMS) is part of the Asia Oceania Administration Department (AOAD). DMS focuses efforts on efficient and consistent use of our Bank's data assets. Its principal mission of DMS is to lay the foundation for our Bank to strategically harness the power of data in Bank's processes and services.
DMS has two core functions:
1. Data Governance & Quality Management - DMS works with different sections to support the formulation of Singapore Office's data strategy, data architecture, standards, and governance activities in partnership with the Bank's IT leadership to ensure that data meets the required Business and Regulatory Needs.
2. Data Insights & Analytics: DMS drives and promotes the data-driven decision-making culture in the Bank. The Team will be an enabler in cross-functional teams, collaboratively planning and delivering advance data analytics tools and insights in support of business unit's priorities. DMS supports different sections in developing solutions to data-related issues. Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities
- Be the Subject Matter Expert in the area of Data Management by designing, developing, and implementing end to end data pipelines and integration process.
- Act as a Solution Architect to collaborate with different functional teams in AOAD to lay the foundation of a comprehensive data analytics roadmap at a tactical and strategic level.
- Understand current database systems and building data pipelines to extract data for further analytical processing/manipulation.
- Participate actively in data analytics projects / POC initiated by AOAD with the aim of bringing the projects from testing stage to final development/production.
- Maintain and enhance model performance using innovative features engineering and algorithms.
- Able to work with different functions to manage and improve the process of data collection, ingestion, manipulation and display for related analytics.
- Able to design, develop, implement and deliver applications using Python, R ,C#, Java, etc is required
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, or a relevant IT field of study.
- At least 2 years of data science expertise in end to end data engineering and management, from cleansing, data-mining to analysis.
- Well-formed foundation in MS Excel , MS Access and VBA is a must.
- Strong knowledge with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Prior experience Data Science tools in either Python or R.
- Good team player, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and is goal oriented.
- Experience in big data technology stack and banking experience would be an added advantage.