Associate, Customer Assurance Unit
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Business
- To conduct reviews relating to assurance related functions within CPBB Singapore. Ensure regulatory and Group requirements are fulfilled, and as well as strengthen controls over Fair Dealing Guidelines / Treating Customer Fairly and frauds.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Perform call monitoring and call back on investment and insurance transactions to
- Ascertain client instructions are genuine, and
- Sales transaction have been conducted in compliance with laid down processes where
- Current Client Investment Profile (CIP) reflects current client situation
- Client awareness on choice of mis-match product (for out-of-profile case)
- Clear explanation on product features, charges and pertinent risk
- Client has been provided with necessary documents
- Client has obtained clear & relevant information, and it is client decision to invest
- Ensure timely generation of list of transactions for call monitoring/back as per prescribed selection criteria
- Where internally generated , ensure list is as per prescribed criteria
- Responsible for proper conduct of call monitoring/back within required process and timeline. Ensure no pending cases beyond reasonable time.
- Ensure proper update of outcome of call monitoring/back and escalate for timely remediation
- Ensure proper document of deviations, complaints etc with adequate details
- Generation of prescribed MIS reports to support review and determine actions to be taken when there are exceptional trends, observations .
- Provide feedback to WM OO Team / WM BRM to strengthen call monitoring / call back process
- Conduct trade surveillance reviews (monitoring of switching, . Ensure end-to-end review of switching policy, monitoring and escalation procedures.
- Review investment related complaints ( ie : work closely with Complaints Handling Unit ) . Provide views / advice from due diligence perspective, where applicable.
- Ensure Wealth ORF controls and processes are in place within CAU.
- Review of Mystery shopping findings (where required) as required per Group Wealth Policy and Procedure and BSC Framework
- Conduct MAS FAIR BSC framework required sampling for all FA Reps within Retail Clients and Wealth Mgt . This would include documentation checks, call monitoring , review findings from substantiated complaints and mystery shop findings where infractions would be identified accordingly , per BSC framework requirements.
- Ensure all reviews are conducted within stipulated timeline.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Risk Management and Governance
- Business Risk Managers
- Business Unit Heads, Sales
- Legal and Compliance ( Country )
- Wealth Management COO Team / WMPS Product Managers
- External auditors/ Internal audit GIA where applicable
Our Ideal Candidate
- Maintain operational risk view when conducting reviews .
- Degree/Diploma holder, preferably 2+ years of Banking experience in the respective business areas he/she is supporting
- Team player who shows initiative and assertiveness and team coordination
- Self-motivated, with pro-active service attitude
- Able to manage work pressure
- Well conversant with Wealth Management (Investment and Insurance) products and processes
- End to end understanding of sales process , client investment profile and suitability, product features and risk
- Familiarity with Wealth Management TP systems
- Ability to provide strategic and tactical inputs for improvement of sales and call monitoring/back processes based on trends observed
- Awareness on AML, CDD, FATCA, etc.
- Awareness regarding compliance and Operational Risk Framework ("ORF")
- Key Control Indicators, KPI management and other operational risk relevant to the country as well as the unit
- Soft skills in performing callbacks.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams like Business Ops Risk, Branches / Hubs etc
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.